April 16, 2014, 07:21:57 PM

Author Topic: Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?  (Read 1569 times)

johnsonstudios

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:30:24 PM »
Wondering if others are having trouble dealing with CPS lately?  I'm considering dropping my Canon Professional Services membership after being told today that a replacement screw on my 24mm TSE II lens was going to cost $179!  For a small five cent external screw...  When I asked the account manager how they could consider that anything other than price gouging they answered that a large portion of the price was for "evaluation".  I asked what the point of sending in the "free clean and check" coupon was then and they answered that this was a more thorough check than the coupon was for.  Even though I didn't ask for a more thorough check, I just wanted the screw replaced!  I had recommended them in the past, but curious now whether others are seeing their service drop the past few years?

canon rumors FORUM

Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:30:24 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Is CPS service falling into dumps for others?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
Call Canon parts and see if they will sell you a screw.  Then see if you can turn down the service.  If you have the screw size and length, you might be able to find a matching one online at some of the camera parts houses.  Usually, the screws are not just 5 cent hardware made in China like you find at Lowes, but you might check there.  I buy up old cameras and broken lenses at garage sales, and, if I can't fix them, the screws go into my spare parts box and have come in very handy for replacing lost ones.

RLPhoto

• 1D X
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
Lol I just a CPS rental from them! I love CPS, There awesome.
24LII - 50L - 135L
---------------------------------
www.RamonLperez.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »