August 23, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

Author Topic: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?  (Read 5743 times)

vinfung88

So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
Been a while since I heard any news regarding the 1DX, was wondering if anyone have any information to share regarding stocks of 1DX in USA  8)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
Pre orders are starting to be delivered to Olympic Photographers and big news agencies, you are not going to find one sitting in a store for 6 months or more.

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Pre orders are starting to be delivered to Olympic Photographers and big news agencies, you are not going to find one sitting in a store for 6 months or more.

Maybe not, but does anyone have recent information about when early pre-orders may start getting filled by stores like B&H, Amazon, Adorama, etc., that don't care if you are an Olympic Photographer or not?  Surely they will get some stock soon. 

jasium

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »
As of Monday, Big New York Company from which I ordered has allegedly received multiple shipments (50+ each) and is filling preorders.  Then again, they also told me I'd be one of the first handful to receive it, so that may just be more Buncombe.

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
See my post regarding UK availability, I have no reason to believe the Jessops staff member was incorrect.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=7712.0
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:21 PM »
I talked one of the shops with which I Pre-ordered (i'm in the US). They said they expect to receive their first  shipments the first week of July, and there's a CHANCE I can receive mine after the 4th. they of course can't make any promises. But this is what they've been told by Canon. I tend to believe them. They were among the first to receive the 5diii's. I got mine from them way back in march. So we'll see. All I can surmise from all the info out there, is its likely some those who Pre-ordered may be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

chrysek

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »
I talked one of the shops with which I Pre-ordered (i'm in the US). They said they expect to receive their first  shipments the first week of July, and there's a CHANCE I can receive mine after the 4th. they of course can't make any promises. But this is what they've been told by Canon. I tend to believe them. They were among the first to receive the 5diii's. I got mine from them way back in march. So we'll see. All I can surmise from all the info out there, is its likely some those who Pre-ordered may be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks

-c

After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((

Yeah I was also told by my retailer that they expecting shipment first or second week of July... so hope to get it soon...

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:36:31 AM »

-c

After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((

Yeah I was also told by my retailer that they expecting shipment first or second week of July... so hope to get it soon...

Am I the only one happy with my current gear?  I'm going to go take pictures of fireworks in low light just fine, yes, without the 1D X!  Can you believe it??
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

vinfung88

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
Great, thanks guys for all the input=) At least hearing about these information one would feel more at ease that more stocks will hit US stores soon=) Any one who ordered from BH have heard from them yet?

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »
Nope...

kaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »
Sounds like they'll be coming in very slowly. B&H won't tell me how many people are in front of me for the 1D X.

My order number was xxxxx855xx, and I ordered the morning of March 14. Anyone have a lower order number?

vinfung88

Re: Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »
Sounds like they'll be coming in very slowly. B&H won't tell me how many people are in front of me for the 1D X.

My order number was xxxxx855xx, and I ordered the morning of March 14. Anyone have a lower order number?

mine is xxxx408xx. I ordered on the day when the preordering started, and probably 4 hours after it was open for preordering.

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
My local AD told me the latest news they heard from Canon last week was they'll be getting a batch in by the end of July...  then, the rep promptly said "given the recent delays, I wouldn't be surprised if late July turned into August".

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
My local AD told me the latest news they heard from Canon last week was they'll be getting a batch in by the end of July...  then, the rep promptly said "given the recent delays, I wouldn't be surprised if late July turned into August".

Chewy, forgive my ignorance, but what does "AD" stand for, and what kind of store or organization do you work for?

kaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

mine is xxxx408xx. I ordered on the day when the preordering started, and probably 4 hours after it was open for preordering.

Seems like many orders came in between mine and yours, it's hard to tell. More digits for mine: 10198855xx.

I ordered mine around 9:15 am PST on March 14. Do you know what time the preorders started?