August 20, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

Author Topic: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?  (Read 5736 times)

vinfung88

So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
Been a while since I heard any news regarding the 1DX, was wondering if anyone have any information to share regarding stocks of 1DX in USA  8)

canon rumors FORUM

So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
Pre orders are starting to be delivered to Olympic Photographers and big news agencies, you are not going to find one sitting in a store for 6 months or more.

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
Pre orders are starting to be delivered to Olympic Photographers and big news agencies, you are not going to find one sitting in a store for 6 months or more.

Maybe not, but does anyone have recent information about when early pre-orders may start getting filled by stores like B&H, Amazon, Adorama, etc., that don't care if you are an Olympic Photographer or not?  Surely they will get some stock soon. 

jasium

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »
As of Monday, Big New York Company from which I ordered has allegedly received multiple shipments (50+ each) and is filling preorders.  Then again, they also told me I'd be one of the first handful to receive it, so that may just be more Buncombe.

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
See my post regarding UK availability, I have no reason to believe the Jessops staff member was incorrect.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=7712.0
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:41:21 PM »
I talked one of the shops with which I Pre-ordered (i'm in the US). They said they expect to receive their first  shipments the first week of July, and there's a CHANCE I can receive mine after the 4th. they of course can't make any promises. But this is what they've been told by Canon. I tend to believe them. They were among the first to receive the 5diii's. I got mine from them way back in march. So we'll see. All I can surmise from all the info out there, is its likely some those who Pre-ordered may be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

chrysek

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »
I talked one of the shops with which I Pre-ordered (i'm in the US). They said they expect to receive their first  shipments the first week of July, and there's a CHANCE I can receive mine after the 4th. they of course can't make any promises. But this is what they've been told by Canon. I tend to believe them. They were among the first to receive the 5diii's. I got mine from them way back in march. So we'll see. All I can surmise from all the info out there, is its likely some those who Pre-ordered may be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks

-c

After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((

Yeah I was also told by my retailer that they expecting shipment first or second week of July... so hope to get it soon...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:33:48 AM »

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:36:31 AM »

-c

After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((

Yeah I was also told by my retailer that they expecting shipment first or second week of July... so hope to get it soon...

Am I the only one happy with my current gear?  I'm going to go take pictures of fireworks in low light just fine, yes, without the 1D X!  Can you believe it??
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

vinfung88

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
Great, thanks guys for all the input=) At least hearing about these information one would feel more at ease that more stocks will hit US stores soon=) Any one who ordered from BH have heard from them yet?

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »
Nope...

kaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »
Sounds like they'll be coming in very slowly. B&H won't tell me how many people are in front of me for the 1D X.

My order number was xxxxx855xx, and I ordered the morning of March 14. Anyone have a lower order number?

vinfung88

Re: Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »
Sounds like they'll be coming in very slowly. B&H won't tell me how many people are in front of me for the 1D X.

My order number was xxxxx855xx, and I ordered the morning of March 14. Anyone have a lower order number?

mine is xxxx408xx. I ordered on the day when the preordering started, and probably 4 hours after it was open for preordering.

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
My local AD told me the latest news they heard from Canon last week was they'll be getting a batch in by the end of July...  then, the rep promptly said "given the recent delays, I wouldn't be surprised if late July turned into August".

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
My local AD told me the latest news they heard from Canon last week was they'll be getting a batch in by the end of July...  then, the rep promptly said "given the recent delays, I wouldn't be surprised if late July turned into August".

Chewy, forgive my ignorance, but what does "AD" stand for, and what kind of store or organization do you work for?

kaz

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

mine is xxxx408xx. I ordered on the day when the preordering started, and probably 4 hours after it was open for preordering.

Seems like many orders came in between mine and yours, it's hard to tell. More digits for mine: 10198855xx.

I ordered mine around 9:15 am PST on March 14. Do you know what time the preorders started?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »