October 23, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

Author Topic: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?  (Read 5872 times)

gary samples

Re: So, still no news of 1DX hitting stores in USA?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »
B&H PHOTO 3/14 1:47
3801052xx
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:35:57 PM by gary samples »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »
My local AD told me the latest news they heard from Canon last week was they'll be getting a batch in by the end of July...  then, the rep promptly said "given the recent delays, I wouldn't be surprised if late July turned into August".

Chewy, forgive my ignorance, but what does "AD" stand for, and what kind of store or organization do you work for?

AD = authorized dealer.  Sorry for the confusion.  I also don't work for any store or photography organization. :)

JJJPhoto

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »
We were told we'd have a few of our pre-orders by end of next week, but I ordered alongside a news agency.

vinfung88

Re: Order numbers at B&H
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
Sounds like they'll be coming in very slowly. B&H won't tell me how many people are in front of me for the 1D X.

My order number was xxxxx855xx, and I ordered the morning of March 14. Anyone have a lower order number?

mine is xxxx408xx. I ordered on the day when the preordering started, and probably 4 hours after it was open for preordering.

Seems like many orders came in between mine and yours, it's hard to tell. More digits for mine: 10198855xx.

I ordered mine around 9:15 am PST on March 14. Do you know what time the preorders started?

nope, i think it was morning on the march of 14, est. I was on a vacation that day, and on reading that it was available for preorder, I quickly called BH to preorder lol. more digits for mine are 3801408xx. Hopefully it wont be long now before BH starts getting their fill of the 1DX! Im looking forward to next week!

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
I am glad this thread has started. I want to check this everyday (am lying, every other hour perhaps?) to see progress.

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
if the 1DX pre-order fulfillments follow the pattern of recent canon releases (5diii, bg-e11, 600ext, the pancake 40..), we may expect the smaller, local dealers to get some in first, as opposed to the big dealers like b&h and adorama. of course they will be getting them in smaller quantities. i remember the madness that surrounded the 5diii release, and lots of the "little" places were shipping out the bodies to customers way way before the big guys even received them same for the grip, flash, and pancake. plus these local places are more apt to actually convey the information they have (i.e. where you stand in pre-order list, when they expect first shipments etc)...

we'll see

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

Chris Burch

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • CHRIS BURCH photography
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
Well I pre-ordered mine from Adorama last October before they even put up on the website (they took phone in pre-orders at the time).  Hopefully that will count for something.
Canon 1DX, 5D Mark III, 5D MarkII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »

vinfung88

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
I am glad this thread has started. I want to check this everyday (am lying, every other hour perhaps?) to see progress.

haha, i feel you. the people who ordered the retina mbp (me included  :P ) over at macrumors have a thread to track their rmbp, and it has reached 200 pages for that thread.  Hope that people who have the 1DX in US would be able to give some info and status updates, which in turn will give us who are still waiting hope! XD

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
Looks like the web orders are 10 digits and phone orders are 9 digits, which makes it hard to determine were you are in line. I ordered over the phone with B&H on 03/14 at 10:42 am PST with order # 3801043xx.

chrysek

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
I talked one of the shops with which I Pre-ordered (i'm in the US). They said they expect to receive their first  shipments the first week of July, and there's a CHANCE I can receive mine after the 4th. they of course can't make any promises. But this is what they've been told by Canon. I tend to believe them. They were among the first to receive the 5diii's. I got mine from them way back in march. So we'll see. All I can surmise from all the info out there, is its likely some those who Pre-ordered may be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks

-c

After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((

Yeah I was also told by my retailer that they expecting shipment first or second week of July... so hope to get it soon...

Am I the only one happy with my current gear?  I'm going to go take pictures of fireworks in low light just fine, yes, without the 1D X!  Can you believe it??

we are all happy with our current gear, but we also want 1DX :)

rHellfire

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Nori Event Fotografie
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 05:54:33 PM »
I am from Germany and ordered mine in December 27th at an authorized canon store. I was told that CPS members will be first in line. And they were also informed that some 1Dx's hit stores in UK, so maybe the first ones are coming next week (or within the first weeks in july).
I keep you updated when mine arrived ;)
2x EOS 1Dx, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D
14mm f2.8 II, 16-35mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4.0, 50mm f1.4, 70-200mm f2.8 II, 100mm f2.8 Macro, 300mm f2.8 I, EX 2x II,
Speedlite EX580 II, Speedlite 600EX-RT

SuperCrazySamurai

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
I am from Germany and ordered mine in December 27th at an authorized canon store. I was told that CPS members will be first in line. And they were also informed that some 1Dx's hit stores in UK, so maybe the first ones are coming next week (or within the first weeks in july).
I keep you updated when mine arrived ;)

Same here in Canada, CPS members will get theirs first (at least according to my pro dealer and from talking to CPS canada) even if there are non CPS members that preordered before them. Hopefully some should arrive next week or mid July.

Can't wait for mine!

Cheers!

theobdt

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
Dury's in Nashville said they were getting a couple in this week but they are going towards preorders. They're slowly trickling out from Canon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

PeterJ

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 01:53:28 AM »
After 4th of July? That sucks, the whole idea was to take photos at low light of fireworks :(((((
I'm not trying to be sarcastic in any way but have you taken many photos of fireworks before? They are quite bright and to catch the trails you'll probably want a few seconds or more of exposure. I just had a look at a few snaps I took a couple of years back and I was at ISO 160 and f/8 - 11. Even for things like spinning wheels I can't see why you'd need to crank the ISO up very high.

If you're aiming for fast handheld exposures they'll just end up looking like lots of small point sources of light.

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »
Yep, fireworks do not require high ISO.
I nice tripod helps.... my style...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 02:20:27 AM »