August 23, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Author Topic: 1Dx availability in the UK  (Read 4850 times)

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
1Dx availability in the UK
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
I have a pre-order for the 1Dx with Jessops in the UK. For readers in other countries Jessops would be the UK's biggest High Street photographic retailer but in my opinion at least, not necessarily considered a professionals, of which I am not one, first port of choice, it tends to cater more for the High Street market. Anyway I was in the newly refurbished Aberdeen Store today (well done Jessops, long overdue) to enquire if there was any update on availability.

I made my preorder about 6 weeks ago I think, once I knew the June date looked realistic from reading this site and others. When I ordered they already had 26 preorders, not much but as I said its not where most Pro's would opt to go. Their very helpful staff member was able to tell me that they were due to receive 12 bodies on Monday 2nd July and a further 12 on the 9th of July. Typically for me I'm about 27th in the queue and I am also going away on holiday on the 6th July for a fortnight so if by some luck I was able to get one of the 2nd batch I'll be away on holiday, damn! I had hoped I would have had it before going on holiday but realistically never expected to, just typical I'm going to be so close but yet so far. Talk about frustrated, I know from reading on here there are posters who have been waiting way longer than me so apologies if I'm sounding hopeful and I've only been waiting a few weeks. When I pre-ordered there was no requirement for any payment, I tried to pay a deposit today in order that the 1Dx would be held for me until my return from Holiday however doing that was going to bump me to the end of the queue, I'm not sure if anyone having paid a deposit would give them priority.

Anyway I suppose the encouraging news is that if Jessops are getting 24 in the next week or so then I suppose it would be fair expect other major retailers worldwide to be getting decent stock levels also.
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

ianmacd

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: 1Dx availability in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 04:42:43 AM »
The woman I spoke to at Park Cameras yesterday (they are a pro dealer) said they only have had one body in (and its gone out) and they have a fair few outstanding orders now and they are expecting them mid july. They are prioritising orders to CPS members too so at least I am further up the list.

Z

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
They don't take a deposit so anyone can pre-order a 1D X at Jessops. My point is, if they receive 24 bodies and you're 27th in the queue, only 3 people have to have second thoughts or cash issues for you to end up with a body. So there's still hope.  8)

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:58:58 AM »
The woman I spoke to at Park Cameras yesterday (they are a pro dealer) said they only have had one body in (and its gone out) and they have a fair few outstanding orders now and they are expecting them mid july. They are prioritising orders to CPS members too so at least I am further up the list.

Did they ask you to prove you were a cps member? This was doing the rounds the last couple of weeks but most people on here and elsewhere were saying they were never asked to prove membership so were unclear how that could work? I'm registered with cps but Jessops didn't ask for any proof of that. Anyway hope you get yours soon.
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »
They don't take a deposit so anyone can pre-order a 1D X at Jessops. My point is, if they receive 24 bodies and you're 27th in the queue, only 3 people have to have second thoughts or cash issues for you to end up with a body. So there's still hope.  8)

Yeah I'm hoping 15 of them got hacked off waiting and bought a 5Diii or have decided to spend their cash on a summer holiday  :D

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »

Did they ask you to prove you were a cps member? This was doing the rounds the last couple of weeks but most people on here and elsewhere were saying they were never asked to prove membership so were unclear how that could work? I'm registered with cps but Jessops didn't ask for any proof of that. Anyway hope you get yours soon.

With Park Cameras I was asked to liaise with the Canon rep for my area who in turn validated my CPS membership.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

ianmacd

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

With Park Cameras I was asked to liaise with the Canon rep for my area who in turn validated my CPS membership.

Maybe they don't need to with me as I have been buying stuff from them for years. They are local to me.

BarneyH

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:46:19 AM »
Does anyone have any further updates on UK availability?

I have an order with Park Cameras, but information is thin on the ground. I think I am one of four platinum CPS members with them who have an order, so hoping for progress; but the Canon rep isn't giving much away either....

Any one have any news?

briansquibb

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
Park Cameras didn't ask me for CPS proof

GuyF

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
Looks like being a platinum CPS member isn't enough - you have to be with an agency to get your hands on one.

Took this shot on Thursday in Edinburgh (crowds were for the Royal family). What you don't see is the crucial piece of £9.99 kit the guy had - a small step ladder.

Still, I reckon I made the right choice getting a 5D3 rather than waiting for a 1D X (he lied!). Nevermind, I'll just wait for the megapixel beastie whenever it arrives.

Elbows

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 10:55:20 AM »
I also have a 1DX pre-ordered with Jessops in the UK. Have any of you other UK guys had updates on availability - at Jessops or other UK dealers??

I gave up phoning Jessops every few days because they just don't have any information for me. Did Canon underestimate the demand for this body so badly??

BarneyH

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
I also have a 1DX pre-ordered with Jessops in the UK. Have any of you other UK guys had updates on availability - at Jessops or other UK dealers??

I gave up phoning Jessops every few days because they just don't have any information for me. Did Canon underestimate the demand for this body so badly??

I picked up my 1DX from Park Cameras when it arrived with them last Friday (13th July) - they were very good at keeping me up to date on latest from Canon. I don't think too many bodies are circulating around right now.

Good luck - I hope you hear soon.

briansquibb

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 11:31:34 AM »

I picked up my 1DX from Park Cameras when it arrived with them last Friday (13th July) - they were very good at keeping me up to date on latest from Canon. I don't think too many bodies are circulating around right now.

Good luck - I hope you hear soon.

I ordered mine from Parks too - I am hoping for September

Heard nothing yet

Elbows

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »
I've just spoken to Jessops. They say I'm 1st on the Birmingham store list and they are expecting a delivery on the 23rd July, so I'm hopeful for next week :D
Is seven months of waiting coming to an end?? I hope so!

white bellied

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »
Got mine 2 days ago from Calumet Drummond St. What a beast!!  Using for 1st time today, totally indoors no flash for my 2yr old grandson leaving his playgroup.