Wow, thanks for all the comments guys!
To answer a few questions that came up:Marsu42
- I use the 85mm F1.8, the 24-105 and 70-200mm F2.8L IS mostly. The 70-200 gets used most of the day and exclusively for the couple portraits.te4o
- lighting for indoor shots is 98% on-camera flash. Always bounced, never direct. I did a few with an assistant holding an OCF to the side.param
- shots of shoes definitely. They spent time and money selecting them and want to remember them, as for all the other little details of the day. That's my take on it anyway.felipey
- re the DOF, I agree absolutely! nameless
- do I shoot wedding in Switzerland. No problem at all with that, as long as costs are covered from my base in London. wockawocka
- 98% ETTL. All the on-camera flash shots are in ETTL. All the night time couple shots where flash was used (not all of them) is also ETTL, including the very final shots which was nailed in one exposure. I use a little bit of manual flash for say group shots or in a very controlled setting.
Thanks again for all the lovely comments everyone!