A friend asked how I did this image so I'll repeat it here:
1. Frame the shot to include the basket and player, focus on player and lock focus. A tripod could be used, but this was handheld. Don't follow the ball, stay rock steady.
2. Motor drive from beginning to end.
3. Stack the photos as layers.
3. Align via auto (or manual if auto does not work)
4. First and last photos are main photos, erase half of one, and make sure no seam is visible. In all other photos select around the ball, feather, inverse, erase. (so just the ball from that photo is visible, and the soft edge blends.