December 19, 2014, 09:43:18 PM

Author Topic: USGP 2014!  (Read 2642 times)

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
Re: USGP 2014!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »
What a race. The side-by-side racing in the middle of the pack was incredible. There were so many passes that weren't captured on TV. I was surrounded by Brits, and hearing them cheer Lewis on was a real treat. Poor Button didn't get any love from his fellow countrymen in the crowd.  I'll post the images up in batches to make them more palatable.

Here's the pre-race stuff:

The more I watch Ricciardo race, the more I like him. His smile is even bigger in person.

Valteri and Kimi were competing for the "Least Excited Fin" award.

As always, Kimi wins that contest everytime ;D

Seb insisted on driving the parade car last year too. Very cool. I've never thought he was that great of a driver, but he does seem to be a very down-to-earth dude.

Ah, the many perks of driving for Ferrari. Even the parade cars are badass :)

Hope to see you back in F1 next year, Jenson!

It was great seeing all the Mexican fans in attendance supporting their driver. I felt bad for them when he retired so early from the race.

Where's Jennifer Becks? There's plenty of room. What gives?

The Brits in attendance really seem to dislike Nico. They're still pissed about Spa.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:31:49 PM by V8Beast »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »
Race images:

....coming out of the esses on Lap 1. That's the most I've ever seen an F1 car lean!

Single file up front.

Three-wide mid-pack!

Uh oh. I never realized how fast these safety cars are pushing the limits around the track.

Lewis closing the gap.

Lewis takes the lead.

A few photogs in the crowd were feeling all manly with their big white zooms until this guy showed up. Something tells me he's well equipped in more ways than one :o

Congrats to Lewis. Ten wins on the season already. Incredible!

Turn 9 is way too far from the podium, so I had to settle for this.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:43:00 AM by V8Beast »

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
Post race images:

Happy Brits everywhere. The group of Tifosi sitting in front of these folks weren't happy at all, and vanished before the race ended. Can't blame them. I love the international draw of F1. I was sitting next to a nice couple from Manchester.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves! LOL. 

Not the typical passing zone going into Turn 11, but the inside bus made it stick despite the shallow entry ;D

After the third Austin event, my concerns of diminishing fan attendance are starting to wane.

The Kid Rock concert was very well attended. The Austin 360 amphitheater is a very cool venue. The whole amphitheater at a race track concept sounded like a gimmick when it was first announced, but I must admit it creates a very unique post race atmosphere.

Just outside the main entrance. The food trucks that Austin is known serve up great but ridiculously overpriced food here.

I'm not a Williams fan, but the Martini livery looks so cool I had to get me one of these :)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:17:01 PM by V8Beast »

Roo

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
Excellent stuff mate!!  Love the buses lol.  I wanted a Martini Williams hat but they weren't available at Melbourne.  The livery is great plus I've always had a soft spot for Williams since AJ won their first world championship and Canon were a major sponsor of them in the 80s ;D
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »
Seeing the buses on track was a real surprise. It looked like they were giving the kiddies a ride around the circuit. What a great way to nurture their interest in F1 from an early age. I doubt they'll ever forget that experience  :)

Valvebounce

• 1D X
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 02:58:26 PM »
Hi V8.
Lovely pictures.
What a fantastic collection of classic motors, some decidedly fed up looking drivers, the guy in the dicky seat looks particularly peeved, no one to talk to! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

What a race. The side-by-side racing in the middle of the pack was incredible. There were so many passes that weren't captured on TV. I was surrounded by Brits, and hearing them cheer Lewis on was a real treat. Poor Button didn't get any love from his fellow countrymen in the crowd.  I'll post the images up in batches to make them more palatable.

Snip 8<

7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

Valvebounce

• 1D X
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Hi V8.
More great shots.
Things like this always remind me of that line in Crocodile Dundee, "that's not a knife"

Wonder what his pics came out like?

Cheers, Graham.

Race images:

A few photogs in the crowd were feeling all manly with their big white zooms until this guy showed up. Something tells me he's well equipped in more ways than one :o

7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »

Roo

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
Hi V8.
More great shots.
Things like this always remind me of that line in Crocodile Dundee, "that's not a knife"

Wonder what his pics came out like?

Cheers, Graham.

Race images:

I'm sure he got some great shots of the grid girls  ;D

Hi V8.
Lovely pictures.
What a fantastic collection of classic motors, some decidedly fed up looking drivers, the guy in the dicky seat looks particularly peeved, no one to talk to! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

Snip 8<

Nice to see the variety of cars.  I wonder if they were chosen based on the driver's personality lol. Here they go for equality and have them parade around in the same type of car - Austin Healey 3000s one year, Corvettes another, Mustangs and so on.
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 24-105L, Canon 70-200 2.8L is II, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 macro, Tamron 150-600

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Hi V8.
More great shots.

It was definitely a Crocodile Dundee moment  ;D LOL. Actually, the bloke in one of the images (sitting next to the woman with the British flag) was flashing his big zoom, and his jaw hit the floor when this other guy sat in front of him with that monster lens.

I'm sure he got some great shots of the grid girls  ;D

That's exactly what I would have used such a lens for. I like the way you think ;D

As for the parade cars, last year the car Jenson was in couldn't make it up Turn 1 and broke down. He had to hitch a ride with another driver ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »