April 18, 2014, 05:38:53 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America  (Read 20553 times)

vinfung88

Re: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »
My order - #10207653**  on 06/13/12
Interestingly, how many to me still to wait for sending?

Im still waiting for BH, mine is a phone order. They told me that I will be in the shipment on friday=D
Oh. I hope too I will be the lucky. I sent e-mail and wait answer from B&H.

good luck!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:12 AM »

n0iZe

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2012, 03:53:33 AM »
Any advantages of buying at the local store, other than maybe getting better customer service/support, and supporting your local camera store and local economy?  A high tax rate on nearly $7k adds up to a lot of money wasted, compared to purchasing it through other online retailers which charge no tax.

Well, I can't tell you yet because I haven't received my Canon EOS 1D X yet (Switzerland!).
However, hearing that most of the early guys here placed their order on March 14th, I had to laugh hard. I pre-ordered mine in December - no kidding. After having a bit of a fight with them, because they said at first that they can't accept pre-orders yet. I insisted and they were like: Okay, if you pay us $1000 (actually it were Swiss Francs but since Swiss Francs and USD are almost the same atm, I'm using it to make your life easier) in advance, we'll give you priority. So I did it. About 5 weeks later I walked into the store again and saw that they now have a EOS 1D X promotion running - if you pre-order and pay more than $300, you get a second battery pack free of charge.

Also I know that in Switzerland (there is no BH or Adorama here!) the Etailers will not have stock for a long time - the real Canon Pro dealers will be the ones having all the priority. Since my local store is a Canon Pro dealer of the city, chances are fairly good that I soon get my hands on my 1D X. Waited long enough for it!
Although I do not know how they'll handle it in other countries, but my guess would be that Amazon will be the last one to be served. This is purely hypothetic, of course.

Regarding availability in Switzerland:
I asked them on the 6th of June the last time about the 1D X, they said that they'd receive their first batch within "the next weeks".
Sounds pretty vague to me - I'll call them tomorrow in the morning and see what they tell me.

Also, as soon as I get mine, I'll take a day off (if my boss doesn't cross that plan  :( ) to shoot with it. Of course if you guys want me to, I'll share some of the shots made.

Hoi! :)
Where did you order you camera? I have ordered and payed mine in Profot but since that was in march I'm guessing I'll hav to wait until 2013, ha!

Salli! :)

I ordered my camera at Foto Marlin. Since Profot is your CPS dealer in your Kanton (right?), I think you'll get yours pretty early as well. However, March is a bit late, but I don't know how it is with pre-orders in your Kanton. Depends on how many people want one and how many Canon decides to ship.

For myself: I just talked to one of the salespeople at the shop where I pre-ordered. However he told me that he doesn't already have a date for the camera and he'll come back to me either this or next week once he knows a delivery date.
At least it's something. However I do really hope that my 1D X (ordered on the twentieth of December, by the way) will come soon.

I'll keep you updated.

chauncey

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »
When anyone gets theirs...I want to know what you guys think about the resolution regarding the drop in MP from 21, in the Ds III, to 18 in the 1D X. 
Based on your 100% crops...are you disappointed or not?

DrDeano

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Looks like B&H is filling orders from 3/14 pretty quickly. I would be interested to know if anyone that ordered on 3/14 has NOT received either positive updates on their order. IE. "Your order should ship out soon" or a tracking number. After reading this thread, I get the feeling that orders that were placed on the morning of 3/14 are being filled.

Has anyone that ordered on 3/15 received this information?

pup73

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
Looks like B&H is filling orders from 3/14 pretty quickly. I would be interested to know if anyone that ordered on 3/14 has NOT received either positive updates on their order. IE. "Your order should ship out soon" or a tracking number. After reading this thread, I get the feeling that orders that were placed on the morning of 3/14 are being filled.

i posted earlier in this thread that i was told by b&h that my order WILL NOT be fulfilled with this first allocation. i placed my order 3/14, in the evening EST

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

Erik S. Klein

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »

I just spoke to them and was given the standard "no updates" line.

I placed my order by phone on 3/14 and the order confirmation email is time stamped 12:31 PST.

mmoon

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »
"Hello Mxxx, my name is xxxx

Unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimated ship date for your order. Although we have received a few shipments, it is being released in limited quantities by Canon. All pre orders are filled in the same order that we received them. Please be assured that your order is important to us and will be shipped as we continue to receive stock.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding."

I am very afflicted. Again painful expectation. It was necessary to order in Singapore or Hong Kong. :( Not in B&H

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »

DrDeano

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Great info guys, thanks!

Maybe moving forward when people post about the status of their order (positive or negative) they could put the date and time they placed the order.

Anyone have earlier than the 3/14 3pm EST Eric S. Klein negative response?

Should I start a new thread to track B&H shipments this way?

I know it will help give some of us some mental relief to at least get a sense of where we stand on our order. This wait has been painful.

EDIT: I have started a new thread for B&H customers to track the status of their orders
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:20:52 PM by DrDeano »

bughunter

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:31 PM »
"Hello Mxxx, my name is xxxx

Unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimated ship date for your order. Although we have received a few shipments, it is being released in limited quantities by Canon. All pre orders are filled in the same order that we received them. Please be assured that your order is important to us and will be shipped as we continue to receive stock.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding."

I am very afflicted. Again painful expectation. It was necessary to order in Singapore or Hong Kong. :( Not in B&H

Fyi....My chat with BandH an our ago was totally different. Contrary to several who have received shipping notifications from Band H, he stated they have yet to even receive any shipments of the 1dx as yet but do expect them today or tomorrow. He wasn't able to tell me if mine would be shipped in this one or not. I pre-ordered 3/16 and do not expect it to ship anytime soon. It's a crap shoot with who you talk to, how much info they know or possibly care to divulge.
I need medication or a good psych, I've never been so anxious over anything in my life. I'm not a pro but I am lucky enough to be able to afford one - I turned 50, life is short...I want the best camera canon has for my intended use - fast action, high ISO, low light. Sports and live concerts....Perfect for me! Good luck to all!

mmoon

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »
Very beautiful text :)

D n L Photography

• PowerShot G16
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Darren Strubhar Photography
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 06:24:36 AM »

I also ordered the evening of the 14th and have been told that I won't make it out of the first shipment, and maybe not the next.  :(
1dx, 5d Mk III, and 9 L Lenses, and a couple others

Crapking

• 7D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

Has the shipping info been updated?
On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else.  Is it actually en route?
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7D, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

DHaass

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »
I also ordered mine on 3/14/12 in the evening (just after 9:30 CST).  What I was told is it was after business hours, so they considered it ordered on 3/15/12.  My order number is 101989xxxx.

They cannot give me any shipping or delivery date for my order.  The fact of the matter is they don't know.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »

Crapking

• 7D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else.  Is it actually en route?

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery.  Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later.  I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9.  Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7D, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

mjayadev

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »

Adorama shipped mine and they shipped ground. I have to wait until 11th ....that hurts. But I am elated that I will have mine soon.

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery.  Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later.  I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9.  Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »