September 16, 2014, 01:08:34 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America  (Read 22752 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
I don't doubt the reports others are getting. Just wish there could be a better way of getting information to people who have been waiting months for this thing. It looks like the two days it took to convince my wife to let me order the camera may end up adding a few more weeks to the wait.

It could be random luck of the rep you get, but I wonder if, "You should get one from this week's shipment," means just that, whereas, "We have no information on any 1D X shipments," means you're not getting one from this week's shipment.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »

vinfung88

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

Me: Hi, any update on EOS 1D X deliveries?

B&H rep:  ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Me:  Ok, thank you.

B&H rep:  There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me:  Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

B&H rep:  Sure will

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

do you think we could gauge by ourself whether we will get it by next week through our order numbers? I ordered through the phone, and have an order number of 3801408xx. really hoping they can ship it by next week, i will be leaving the states on the 15th of July! :-\

DrDeano

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
It could be random luck of the rep you get, but I wonder if, "You should get one from this week's shipment," means just that, whereas, "We have no information on any 1D X shipments," means you're not getting one from this week's shipment.

That's what is so frustrating to me. I am sure it's based on luck of the rep draw. The one who told me he has no way to know when shipments go out is obviously giving me a line that contradicts the phone rep I talked to who said that information is confidential and cannot be given out.

In all honesty, I feel for B&H. If their policy is to not disclose this information, the policy should be in effect for anyone who calls, not based on "luck of the draw." If you think about it, by that rep telling you that your camera is shipping and your post on here probably flooded their reps with people asking about their order. This is not good for them. Keeping this information quiet ensures they don't get flooded with calls when the order happens to not ship because of delays from Japan or other problems that can occur down the logistics chain.

The really disappointing thing for me is how quiet Canon has been about this whole thing. To announce this camera in October 2011 and not ship until July is really bad. They must be covering up some REALLY embarrassing stuff to risk the bad vibes they are sending by being silent while their loyal customers wait.

P.S. In the last 4 years I have been a heavy consumer of camera and video related equipment, I have ONLY purchased from B&H. In my opinion, their customer service policy regarding returns and exchanges is unparalleled. Please don't take my comments above as a slight on B&H as a company, they are the only game in town as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:47:41 PM by DrDeano »

mjayadev

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
Just called Allen's Camera and I was told that they have a few 1DX but very very limited numbers which will be sent to pre-orders. I wont get one anytime soon.

jasium

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »

Agreed.  My preorder's with Adorama, and over the last few weeks they've repeatedly given me misleading and contradictory information about ETA and my position in the preorder queue.   If you'd told me I'd have this problem with a well-known vendor -- on a major acquisition!-- I wouldn't have believed it.  That type of behavior corrodes trust -- and business relationships.  B&H just gained a customer.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 08:27:01 PM »
They're shipping in Australia. I had a call from my pro dealer in Sydney yesterday saying my 1DX was ready to be picked up.

PW

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
called vistek in toronto last week. they said there will be shipments of 1DX coming in this week.. but CPS members get them first.... hope i could get mine soon!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »

mjayadev

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
Just called and checked with OneCall. They received juts two bodies.  :-[

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
I got an email this morning from a store I had a cancelled preorder with and they told me they had one 1D X in stock and if I still would be interested.

I then called x&x (whom I had an early preorder with, before noon PST on 03/14))  to get a status update on my order and the rep I talked to verified my order and then spent some time to get more info. He then told me that "Canon has shipped a large quantity last weekend via UPS", and after spending a little more time digging deeper, he said that "we expect delivery on Tuesday for processing and my order SHOULD ship on the 5th or 6th of July".

Compared to a store that receives 1 or 2 cameras, 20 would be a large quantity, so that statement can be interpreted either way. And "should" does not mean "will", but there is definetely hope that the (long) wait is coming to an end. It also confirms postings from the last couple of weeks that some of the big stored here in the US will start shipping the first week of July.

I am sure people will start posting once they get tracking numbers, and I hope that will include me.

DJL329

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

Cheers

Hey, it could've been worse -- at least they haven't announced the 1D X Mark II, yet!   ;D
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:27 PM »
B&H is a rude company.

coltsfreak18

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
friend of mine did order 1dx from B&H on 3/14, his order is 101989010x, wonder where he is in the line and if he will be able to get his from the 1st shipment... he is glad that B&H is huge store and they probably will get quite a few of them...
My number is quite similar to that; yours is a little lower than mine, which should be on the first shipment as told by a live chat rep. Congrats to your friend!

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

If you ordered on 03/16/12 you probably have a TON of preorders ahead of you, considering that B&H started taking preorders 2 days earlier and there appears to be a TON of preorders just within the first few hours. So instead of beating up on B&H for not being able to give you detailed information of a preorder that is probaby hundreds if not thousands behind the first preorder you should ask yourself how you missed this important date by over 2 days...

Cheers

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »
B&H is a rude company.

Not by my experience, maybe it matters how you approach them...

DJL329

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

Me: Hi, any update on EOS 1D X deliveries?

B&H rep:  ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Me:  Ok, thank you.

B&H rep:  There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me:  Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

B&H rep:  Sure will

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can't wait to see your 'unboxing' video.  Cue the narrator!

"He can replace defective neurotransmitters ... with wireless flash transmitters.

He carries an 800mm lens wherever he goes ... in his back pocket.

He once filmed the unboxing of his brand new 1D X ... using his brand new 1D X.

He is ... the most interesting neuroanatomist in the world..."

;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 01:09:32 AM by DJL329 »
Canon EOS 5D Mark III | EF 14mm f/2.8L | EF 28mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.4 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | EF 300mm f/4L IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »