April 20, 2014, 05:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America  (Read 20606 times)

victorwol

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

Has the shipping info been updated?
On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else.  Is it actually en route?

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery.  Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later.  I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9.  Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

Order 1019920xxx so who know when I will get mine.... Hopefully before I spen the money on something else....
1D X - 5D MKIII - 7D - 24 f1.4L - 8-15 L - 50 1.2L - 85 1.2L - 15 2.8 - 16-35 2.8L - 24-105 4.0L - 70-200 2.8 LII - 24 TSE - 45 TSE - 90 TSE - MPE 65 - 180 f3.5L - 100 2.8L II - 580EX and a few Einsteins.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »

koolkurkle

« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Quote from: Crapking on Today at 09:28:48 AM

Quote from: koolkurkle on July 04, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else.  Is it actually en route?

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery.  Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later.  I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9.  Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

This is the same thing that happened to me.  I get an email saying my order 10198871xx "has shipped", but since it was a holiday, not until the next day.  It will arrive Monday.

sephknite

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »
Quote from: Crapking on Today at 09:28:48 AM

Quote from: koolkurkle on July 04, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

UPDATE 7/7 AM:

This is the same thing that happened to me.  I get an email saying my order 10198871xx "has shipped", but since it was a holiday, not until the next day.  It will arrive Monday.

Well, at least you folks have yours on the way into your hands. I'm still in the dark and have heard nothing from Amazon and Crutchfield. I pre-ordered from both locations and see which ships first so I can cancel the other.  ;D

Helen Oster

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Adorama Camera
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:00 AM »
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor.  I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

It isn't an Adorama decision as to whether or not to give CPS members priority shipping; it is a Canon decision. We can certainly add to any customer profile that he/she is a CPS member, but for this release, Canon, as I said, is not allocating units specifically for these customers.

I'm really sorry; you would need to contact Canon themselves to challenge this. (Not that I would expect it to change their policy on this occasion, but it might be worth registering your feelings with them)

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
Helen Oster
Helen@adorama.com

n0iZe

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor.  I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

It isn't an Adorama decision as to whether or not to give CPS members priority shipping; it is a Canon decision. We can certainly add to any customer profile that he/she is a CPS member, but for this release, Canon, as I said, is not allocating units specifically for these customers.

I'm really sorry; you would need to contact Canon themselves to challenge this. (Not that I would expect it to change their policy on this occasion, but it might be worth registering your feelings with them)

Helen Oster
Helen@adorama.com

Wow, now even Adorama is in CR threads, I'm glad you guys care that much about peoples opinion about you.

Regarding the CPS decision: I think it's a good thing, otherwise CPS members who were too lazy or just too late to order early could've blocked other peoples cameras. I would've been pissed if I ordered from Adorama on the 14th and then some CPS guy would order in June and still get his camera before me... So Canon really has a point there.

About my camera:
I went to my store yesterday and asked again. He took a look at the list and told me the following: "Well, you're the first one on the list. As soon as shipment comes, you'll get yours and you'll be contacted by us.". When I inquired when the camera shipment should come he told me that he expects it in the next weeks. He said it could be that I get it next week, but it could just aswell be in two weeks. Or even three. However, I don't think it will take more than two weeks.
But we'll see. As long as I know I'm first on the list, I'm waiting quite happily :)

Crapking

• 7D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »

[/quote]

Wow, now even Adorama is in CR threads, I'm glad you guys care that much about peoples opinion about you.

Regarding the CPS decision: I think it's a good thing, otherwise CPS members who were too lazy or just too late to order early could've blocked other peoples cameras. I would've been pissed if I ordered from Adorama on the 14th and then some CPS guy would order in June and still get his camera before me... So Canon really has a pont there

[/quote]

REALLY??  No benefit for brand loyalty?  What about airline frequent fliers.  Ever get on the plane first or get upgraded to first class simply because you got to the airport first?  Don't think so; platinum members, whether Canon or other programs, often get perks like that. 

I find it surprising that the CPS program did NOT facilitate getting the 1Dx into the hands of their most loyal (? Lazy) supporters, who might be working when pre-sales begin.

NOW, if they announce WHEN the pre-sale will begin, with enough advance notice so everyone can sit at their computers at the same time, then I agree; but without such advance notice as to when pre-sales begin, working pros are at a disadvantage, and in that case loyalty should mean something.

Being a Platinum CPS member did not help me get my order in, in fact it was sheer luck (or some may say my obsessive-compulsive nature) that I checked the CR / B&H site when I did.

I'd much prefer Canon announce WHEN they will announce the pre-sale start dates! This way I can plan my golf /photography / work around my computer time  ;)
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7D, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

jasium

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
Eh - the 'last-minute prima-donna' argument is a good one, but I don't think it's unreasonable to move CPS orders to the front of the queue within given intervals-- perhaps 2 weeks or 30 days.  If ordering 'officially' opened on March 1, my June order shouldn't beat yours out the door... but if your livelihood depends on your gear and you  need one for a fixed-date event, your order should take precedence over my butterfly-chasing.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
Eh - the 'last-minute prima-donna' argument is a good one, but I don't think it's unreasonable to move CPS orders to the front of the queue within given intervals-- perhaps 2 weeks or 30 days.  If ordering 'officially' opened on March 1, my June order shouldn't beat yours out the door... but if your livelihood depends on your gear and you  need one for a fixed-date event, your order should take precedence over my butterfly-chasing.

What about the time period before the 1D X was announced (October 2011 and back to the beginning of the Earth)?  Did everyone still need the 1D X (not in existance yet) for their fixed-date event?  Nobody NEEDS the 1D X for a fixed-date event.  Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it?  I can never understand this.

jasium

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
No idea.  If I recall, this announce-long-before-release thing is uncommon for Canon.  I wasn't in the market when the 1D3 and -4 came out - can anyone comment on the announce-release-stock timeline for those models?

That said, interval prioritization isn't obviously a terrible idea even for long preorder periods.  You don't have to sell your existing kit to miss out on work because what you have is inadequate.  My 20D is fine for studio and still-life, and workable for non-critical, well-lit sport, but you won't see me dipping toes in the wedding/reception or serious sports pools until I've learned the ins and outs of my 1DX.

kowalski

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »

Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it?  I can never understand this.

That's me, thought I'd get a good deal on my 1Ds Mark III (which I did) a little before release of the 1D X, being completely oblivious to Canon's 1D announcment/delivery discrepancies...

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »

Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it?  I can never understand this.

That's me, thought I'd get a good deal on my 1Ds Mark III (which I did) a little before release of the 1D X, being completely oblivious to Canon's 1D announcment/delivery discrepancies...

Ok, well that's fair enough of a reason to sell then.  I guess what I'm not familair with is Canon's track record for delays.  Suppose they had a long history of delays, that's one thing.  Or, probably the correct answer, is this NEW to the 1DX and 24-70 L II?  Maybe nobody thought it would get delayed so badly because Canon had an excellent track record of on-time delivery on announced release dates?

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
If you were in the market for one at this time, where would be the best place to buy it?

kowalski

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
I remember reading about similiar delays with another 1D series at one of the topics, just can't remember where

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:17 PM »

In August, 2010 there were 5 lenses and 2 TCs announced.  The TCs became available in Dec, 2010. The 8-15mm fisheye in July, 2011.  The 300/400 II lenses in Nov/Dec 2011.  The 500/600 II lenses started shipping in May/June, 2012 - a delay of close to two years.

How's that for a track record?
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Chewy734

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
I can't believe it's been two years for those super telephotos neuro.  That's like two full product cycles for many types of electronics!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »