Image & Video Galleries > Sports

AFL (Australian Rules Football)

<< < (2/6) > >>

wickidwombat:
dont be afraid to crop to add emphasis too
I think a simple crop like this makes the airborne dude stand out a bit more

samueljay:
Ooo nice! I like what you did there wicked! :) Thanks for the tips!

dilbert:

--- Quote from: samueljay on July 02, 2012, 08:12:42 PM ---As for process, they were all shot on my 5D III, with a 70-200mm @ 200mm ƒ/2.8, ISO 800, and a shutter of 1/800s. Post processing was mainly fixing the white balance

--- End quote ---

So work out what the white balance should be and set it manually next time. You should be able to do this for each ground without any trouble as they don't change the type of lights that are used.

Also, take along a 300 or preferably 400mm zoom to really get in close with the players.

200mm is just not enough.

4thchicken:

--- Quote from: dilbert on July 03, 2012, 02:23:29 AM ---
So work out what the white balance should be and set it manually next time. You should be able to do this for each ground without any trouble as they don't change the type of lights that are used.

Also, take along a 300 or preferably 400mm zoom to really get in close with the players.

200mm is just not enough.

--- End quote ---

There is a 200mm focal length limit to AFL matches - though you could easily get around that if you add in a TC or body with crop factor etc

Vossie:
Nice shots, but I also dislike the vignetting. Withhout it, they would be better!

--- Quote from: 4thchicken on July 03, 2012, 03:24:57 AM ---There is a 200mm focal length limit to AFL matches - though you could easily get around that if you add in a TC or body with crop factor etc

--- End quote ---
  :o what do you mean? You are not allowed to bring longer lenses? Hard to believe....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version