September 17, 2014, 03:48:40 PM

Author Topic: B&H 1DX Order Fulfillment Tracking  (Read 29968 times)

vinfung88

Re: B&H 1DX Order Fulfillment Tracking
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 12:24:28 AM »
I just had a chat with someone at B&H and he said they are still waiting for the shipment that was supposed to show up on Tuesday.

Looks like I was misled to say the least. And as happy as I am for people that have or are about to receive their orders, as disappointed I am to see that B&H apparently is shipping weborders that have been posted after my phone order was placed, especially after being told last Tuesday that my order should ship either on the 5th or the 6th of July. And as a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing people with phone orders posting any shipping information, but I might have missed tha.

I am one of those with phone orders, and my status is now "new order processing". because of my dumbness of forgetting to change the address on my credit card, they put a pending hold on the product, and hence I will be calling them tomorrow to quickly process it. Hope that it will be shipping on monday!!I will keep you posted if mine ships.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2012, 12:24:28 AM »

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
So I wake up this morning to a new email from b&h...

The canned response you get informing you that one of your items remains on backorder. For a minutes my hopes were up :(

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2012, 09:49:11 AM »
Got the same email this morrning...

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
I didn't get that email.  :)  They pack on Sunday and Monday for shipment on Monday... that's two B&H business days for them to get my 1D X onto the loading dock...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

vinfung88

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
I just had a chat with someone at B&H and he said they are still waiting for the shipment that was supposed to show up on Tuesday.

Looks like I was misled to say the least. And as happy as I am for people that have or are about to receive their orders, as disappointed I am to see that B&H apparently is shipping weborders that have been posted after my phone order was placed, especially after being told last Tuesday that my order should ship either on the 5th or the 6th of July. And as a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing people with phone orders posting any shipping information, but I might have missed tha.

I am one of those with phone orders, and my status is now "new order processing". because of my dumbness of forgetting to change the address on my credit card, they put a pending hold on the product, and hence I will be calling them tomorrow to quickly process it. Hope that it will be shipping on monday!!I will keep you posted if mine ships.

an update: My order went through now!
3801408**   03/14/2012    PHONE    In stock, order sent to warehouse     Pending...    $6799.00
Tuesday delivery whoo!!

vinfung88

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »
oh and btw i found that email verification of the time that i placed the orders to give you guys who used phone to order a chance to gauge where you are at. This is my timing:March 14, 2012 4:14:15 PM EDT. Gdluck to those waiting!

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
Called in at 1:42 PM EDT, got the order confirmation email at 1:49 PM EDT, order # 3801043xx and it still shows backorder  :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Not that it really matters, but this is a chat that I just had with the same person that told me 2 days ago that they were still waiting for last Tuesday's shipment (I know, a loyal customer clogging up  the system...)

Me : I see that orders placed AFTER my order for the 1D X are being fulfilled/shipped, and I am wondering why this is happening.
B&H:  Hello you. My name is xxx, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Me:  Thanks
B&H:  Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
Me:  No worries
B&H:  I have looked into this issue for you, and I see that at this point we have shipped all the 1DX's that we received from Canon. These cameras are being shipped in the order that the orders were placed here at B&H. At this point we are still waiting on the manufacturer for more information as to when the next shipment should be coming.
B&H:  I apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing you.
Me:  But I see on a public forum that some people that ordered hours after me are about to receive their cameras?
B&H:  I can only advise you of the information available here at B&H, and i can assure you that these cameras are being shipped in the order that these orders were recieved here at B&H.
Me:  Is the battery that I ordered with the camera on backorder?
B&H:  No, that is available.
Me:  One last thing, I shipped in some used equipment 3 weeks ago to be credited towards the ID X and haven't heard anything except that the equipment was received, is this slowing down the processing of my order and when can I expect an update from the used equipment department?
Me:  quote # xxxxxx
B&H:  If you would like I could connect you with that department that would be able to address your inquiry.
Me:  ok, thanks
B&H has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the Used Photography Sales department to assist you.
You have been connected to B&H.
B&H:  Hi
Me:  Hi
Me:  I send in some used equipment, quote # xxxxxx, and would like to check on the status
B&H:  CS is closed today please try back tomorrow

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
Not that it really matters, but this is a chat that I just had with the same person that told me 2 days ago that they were still waiting for last Tuesday's shipment (I know, a loyal customer clogging up  the system...)

Me : I see that orders placed AFTER my order for the 1D X are being fulfilled/shipped, and I am wondering why this is happening.
B&H:  Hello you. My name is xxx, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
Me:  Thanks
B&H:  Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
Me:  No worries
B&H:  I have looked into this issue for you, and I see that at this point we have shipped all the 1DX's that we received from Canon. These cameras are being shipped in the order that the orders were placed here at B&H. At this point we are still waiting on the manufacturer for more information as to when the next shipment should be coming.
B&H:  I apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing you.
Me:  But I see on a public forum that some people that ordered hours after me are about to receive their cameras?
B&H:  I can only advise you of the information available here at B&H, and i can assure you that these cameras are being shipped in the order that these orders were recieved here at B&H.
Me:  Is the battery that I ordered with the camera on backorder?
B&H:  No, that is available.
Me:  One last thing, I shipped in some used equipment 3 weeks ago to be credited towards the ID X and haven't heard anything except that the equipment was received, is this slowing down the processing of my order and when can I expect an update from the used equipment department?
Me:  quote # xxxxxx
B&H:  If you would like I could connect you with that department that would be able to address your inquiry.
B&H has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the Used Photography Sales department to assist you.
You have been connected to B&H.
B&H:  Hi
Me:  Hi
Me:  I send in some used equipment, quote # xxxxxx, and would like to check on the status
B&H:  CS is closed today please try back tomorrow

B&H have made a stuff up with these orders and will not admit it. My order was also placed before several other people on this forum and it is still on backorder. No one at B&H can tell me what went wrong and I get the typical answer every single time that they have a "first come first serve" policy and if other people received it then they must have ordered from a different store.

I am fed up with this and leaving for London on the 15th without a 1D X thanks to B&H. So I am cancelling my order with them seeing that I will only be back after the Olympics and will take my chances elsewhere. B&H will never see me again! But they will hear from me!

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
After a long chat with B&H I got this answer :

Me: So explain to me how a higher order number than mine could have been included in the shipment?
B&H: The order numbers have nothing to do with the time that the order was placed.

Find this hard to believe - but take it for what it's worth

Erik S. Klein

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
So I wake up this morning to a new email from b&h...

The canned response you get informing you that one of your items remains on backorder. For a minutes my hopes were up :(

Same here.

Scared me for a second but then I checked the order number and it's for the 24-70 II.  I'll be getting a few more of thsoe before they finally ship...  :(

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Me: So explain to me how a higher order number than mine could have been included in the shipment?
B&H: The order numbers have nothing to do with the time that the order was placed.

Hard to believe, indeed. Order # 3801043xx, 03/14, 1:42pm EDT status backorder, order # 3801052xx, 03/14, 1:47pm EDT, to be shipped on Monday, order # 3801408xx, 03/14, 4:14pm EDT, to be shipped on Monday...

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »
Hard to believe, indeed.

Except that in your case...

Did you provide a payment method to cover the full $6799 cost of the 1D X?  If not, and the proceeds from the sale of your used items are needed to offset part of the 1D X cost, I'd say without a doubt that's going to hold up your order, until you receive the credit. 

I did a live chat with B&H and my order 3/14/12 1:47  pm  # 3801052xx  will ship monday

I was just told the same, web order 1019890xxx, placed 3/14 ~6p Eastern.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »

kowalski

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »

Did you provide a payment method to cover the full $6799 cost of the 1D X?  If not, and the proceeds from the sale of your used items are needed to offset part of the 1D X cost, I'd say without a doubt that's going to hold up your order, until you receive the credit. 

Method of payment was provided (and still shows at the tracking website) upon ordering on 03/14, the used equipment was given the option to get reimbursed by check or payed towards the 1D X, since there wasn't even a delivery date when i shipped in the used equipment.

vinfung88

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »

Hard to believe, indeed. Order # 3801043xx, 03/14, 1:42pm EDT status backorder, order # 3801052xx, 03/14, 1:47pm EDT, to be shipped on Monday, order # 3801408xx, 03/14, 4:14pm EDT, to be shipped on Monday...

Man, sorry to hear that, I think this is not the case with only BH but with other companies as well. When I ordered the RMBP from Apple, and followed the forums of buyers of the RMBP, there were quite a lot of cases with people ordering right after Keynote, and not receiving them even though people who ordered 1 or 2 days after receiving the new RMBP first. They all have the same specs too. I will be updating when I have a tracking number available. Meanwhile, keep checking back with BH, no idea why that happened.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »