October 25, 2014, 05:55:49 AM

Author Topic: So who has ordered 1DX in Canada. Let's keep each other posted.  (Read 8456 times)

MomentForeverImage

I've ordered in Toronto..

just called the shop last week.

they said there's supposed to be a shippment coming in last week..

but the shipment was late.. and i was told that the shipment of 1DX will arrive any day now.

Let's keep other each posted.  Thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: So who has ordered 1DX in Canada. Let's keep each other posted.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »
I was in my dealer's shop this afternoon in Calgary and they haven't even seen a demo model yet, so who knows when it will get here.  The fellow I talked to indicated that Toronto and Montreal would probably get them before Calgary - so we wait. :(

WesternGuy

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
I was in my dealer's shop this afternoon in Calgary and they haven't even seen a demo model yet, so who knows when it will get here.  The fellow I talked to indicated that Toronto and Montreal would probably get them before Calgary - so we wait. :(

WesternGuy

let's keep our finger crossed ^^ and wait...

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
I ordered from a smaller shop in Montreal and they still haven't heard from Canon yet. Other, bigger, shops in Montreal received some 1Dx but they have a bigger waiting list so... I'll wait for Canon to deliver to the smaller shops.

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:12:19 AM »
Nice to know that some Canadian shops are getting them - there is still hope for this summer.  ;)

WesternGuy

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:37 AM »
a small dealer here in torono got some 1DX body as well. but the large dealers here didn't have anything yet..

gfwyzxj

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
I called Henry's Toronto downtown store last Wednesday. The rep said as Canon Canada requested, the initial batch of 1DXs will directly go to CPS member. Non-CPS member, even placed their pre-order in mid-March will (probably) have to wait until after the Olympics (mid-August) timeframe.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »
I'm in Winnipeg and did not order one.  I did not call the store and they did not have any information.  :(
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »
that's exactly what i was told.. however they didn't take my CPS membership No. when i placed the order.. so i had to call back and give them my CPS no.  they said CPS member will get priority .. but i didn't get any further updates...

I'm in Winnipeg and did not order one.  I did not call the store and they did not have any information.  :(

tbrand

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • Tristan Brand
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 10:03:35 PM »
I'm in Montreal, but I put a hold on one at Henry's in TO early on (I think it was February). I used my CPS number and was told it would move me up the line. I got an email in June asking me to confirm my postal code, but they did not have an expected date. I haven't heard anything since. Canon did want to know if I was going to the Olympics. I am not. I figure it was for on site support.

To be honest, I bought the 5D Mark III  at the beginning of May when the 1DX was being delayed again and again. I'm considering not nabbing the 1DX and going with a second 5D MIII instead. I am actually nervous about that phone call now: "Sir, your 1DX is ready to ship. Shall we charge your card?" "Ummmmmmm...."

Anybody have news on the expected Canadian CPS pricing? 6500$ still?

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 02:35:01 AM »
Most sites that I have looked at are quoting a price of $CDN 6,999.00, subject to change.

WesternGuy

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
I ordered mine from Camera Canada in London Ontario.  However because I am not a pro-photographer going to the Olympic, I will likely not be getting it for a while.

I had originally ordered from B&H the first day so I would have gotten the camera this week or so had I not cancel, but with BH being an international order they wanted me to pay in full 4 months ago, so I cancelled...almost regret it now...cant wait to get the 1dx!
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

Greatland

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
I called Henry's Toronto downtown store last Wednesday. The rep said as Canon Canada requested, the initial batch of 1DXs will directly go to CPS member. Non-CPS member, even placed their pre-order in mid-March will (probably) have to wait until after the Olympics (mid-August) timeframe.
Not sure I understand the relation to the CPS situation.  I am a CPS member and I called them and spoke directly with them and they told me in 'NO UNCERTAIN TERMS' that being a CPS member AT ANY LEVEL, would not expedite getting a 1DX!!!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »

kevinmphoto

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
I ordered from Henry's in March and have talked to them two times since.   After pre-ordering I was told I was in the top 3 orders.  I'm now much lower on the list to receive the 1DX as I am not a CPS member.   

If I get it mid-august that would be awesome but with the way things have been going Sept/Oct seems more likely.

gfwyzxj

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
When I placed my order in March I asked the same question, if CPS member gets priority and they did say no. Then when I called them last week, all of a sudden they said that they have to fulfill CPS order first.

Now I start to thinking this CPS thing is one way Henry's used to bullsh*ting customers who are anxiously waiting their order to arrive.

Not sure I understand the relation to the CPS situation.  I am a CPS member and I called them and spoke directly with them and they told me in 'NO UNCERTAIN TERMS' that being a CPS member AT ANY LEVEL, would not expedite getting a 1DX!!!!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »