August 20, 2014, 09:16:24 AM

Author Topic: So who has ordered 1DX in Canada. Let's keep each other posted.  (Read 8253 times)

SuperCrazySamurai

Re: So who has ordered 1DX in Canada. Let's keep each other posted.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
I'm in Montreal, but I put a hold on one at Henry's in TO early on (I think it was February). I used my CPS number and was told it would move me up the line. I got an email in June asking me to confirm my postal code, but they did not have an expected date. I haven't heard anything since. Canon did want to know if I was going to the Olympics. I am not. I figure it was for on site support.

To be honest, I bought the 5D Mark III  at the beginning of May when the 1DX was being delayed again and again. I'm considering not nabbing the 1DX and going with a second 5D MIII instead. I am actually nervous about that phone call now: "Sir, your 1DX is ready to ship. Shall we charge your card?" "Ummmmmmm...."

Anybody have news on the expected Canadian CPS pricing? 6500$ still?

CPS price is $5900cdn, got that price from camera store in Calgary after they verified my CPS membership. 2 1dx arrived in Edmonton,  and it's true that CPS gets priority. Camera store has not gotten their shipment yet as of this afternoon.  Vistek is still quoting CPS pricing at 6300.

I'm number 6 on the camera store list. We'll see how many they get in.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Cheers!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »
hope u get urs soon.... 8)

I'm in Montreal, but I put a hold on one at Henry's in TO early on (I think it was February). I used my CPS number and was told it would move me up the line. I got an email in June asking me to confirm my postal code, but they did not have an expected date. I haven't heard anything since. Canon did want to know if I was going to the Olympics. I am not. I figure it was for on site support.

To be honest, I bought the 5D Mark III  at the beginning of May when the 1DX was being delayed again and again. I'm considering not nabbing the 1DX and going with a second 5D MIII instead. I am actually nervous about that phone call now: "Sir, your 1DX is ready to ship. Shall we charge your card?" "Ummmmmmm...."

CPS price is $5900cdn, got that price from camera store in Calgary after they verified my CPS membership. 2 1dx arrived in Edmonton,  and it's true that CPS gets priority. Camera store has not gotten their shipment yet as of this afternoon.  Vistek is still quoting CPS pricing at 6300.

Cheers!

gfwyzxj

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 01:24:46 PM »
Just added my CPS # to my pre-order at Henry's TO - they have no idea what the CPS price is until the order comes in.

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
did they say anything about when the order comes in??

Just added my CPS # to my pre-order at Henry's TO - they have no idea what the CPS price is until the order comes in.

gfwyzxj

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
Nope, every time I asked that question I got the standard pre-programmed answer  "It's all up to Canon Canada, we have no idea" blah blah blah...

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( yeah.. that's what i was told.

Nope, every time I asked that question I got the standard pre-programmed answer  "It's all up to Canon Canada, we have no idea" blah blah blah...

jmac1

• Power Shot G16
  • I would rather have an old car and Fast Lenses!
    • View Profile
    • MacLean Photography
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
Got word that mine is shipping to me today from a western Canada distributor. Should have in my hand by Tuesday.  I am a CPS member and have been keeping in touch.
1DX(pre-order) | 5DII | 40D |14L II | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100L IS | 400 2.8L IS |17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200 2.8L IS | 1.4x | 2.0x |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »

gfwyzxj

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »
CameraCanada just put up a notice on their 1DX page saying that they will have a big shipment coming in the next few weeks.

SuperCrazySamurai

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »

Cheers!

Got got my notice from The Camera Store in Calgary, they shipped my 1dx on Friday afternoon, should be in my hands on Tuesday.

Cheers

MomentForeverImage

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »
Just picked up my 1DX today in Toronto at Vistek!

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
I have been on the pre-order list of a smaller store in Montreal since the day of te announcement and never got any call from them. But, I ordered Monday online with CameraCanada in London Ontario and they shipped my 1Dx one yesterday, only one day after I ordered it

I should have it by today or tomorrow. Give them a call or order online! :)

Good luck to all!

gfwyzxj

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »
I called CameraCanada this morning and they said their current wait list has 0 people. So I put my name on their list and as soon as they receive another shipment they will ship mine out.

gfwyzxj

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
CameraCanada received 4 units last week.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

davehollandpics

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
I got a 1Dx, a WFT-E6 and an ST-E3-RT from the Camera Store in Calgary today.  My serial number was #36 so there aren't that many in North America that have gone out yet.

For what it is worth, I am CPS and heading to London.

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
For those of us among the uninitiated 8), will someone tell me what a "CPS" is and how I get one?  :)  Thanks.

WesternGuy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »