October 24, 2014, 01:25:14 PM

Author Topic: Issues with Stock of the EF-S 18-135 IS STM?  (Read 7217 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Issues with Stock of the EF-S 18-135 IS STM?
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »
EF-S 18-135 IS STM Delay?
We’ve received a couple of reports from readers that their orders for the Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM kit have been cancelled without much reason given. One of the retailers cancelling the preorder was Amazon.

We’re waiting to hear some clarification on the matter. If your order has been cancelled, please let us know.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Issues with Stock of the EF-S 18-135 IS STM?
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »

parkerhomie

Re: Issues with Stock of the EF-S 18-135 IS STM?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »
I was looking over a few sites and I found that Newegg.com says that they will have the T4i with the EF-S 18-135 IS STM available on the 13th of this month.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830120631

cnardo

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »
I gave up.... Bought the T4i body only...and ordered the EF-S 18-135 IS STM via Canon store ( recommended by other forum members). Received an email today from Canon store that it was shipped! Will be arriving next week. Costs more this way, but I didn't want to wait until 2013! :)
5D3, SL1, M1 and more lenses than I know what to do with! Been shooting w/Canon since 1985.

winter

What issue?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »
Is someone yelling 'fire' in a theater?

From the very beginning Amazon warned its customers that there was a limited supply for this FIRST BATCH of T4i 18-135 STM kits when you pre-ordered and that was just after they listed it available for pre-order.

So there's no surprise that they would cancel orders after their allocation limit had been reached.

THERE NO STORY HERE -- well, at least not yet. 

Australia has been reporting for a week now that the kit would be available next week so I'm not surprised that Amazon is doing what they do best: analyzing their inventory allocations and giving their customers the opportunity to find another supplier if their allocations are less than the pre-orders.

Just don't see a story here -- and don't understand why your posting this !!! :>O

DavidFell

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:58:11 AM »
I have no knowledge, only hope, but some companies cancel orders that they've been unable to fill for 30 days or longer.

Jaybird

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
I pre-ordered my unit from Amazon about 5 weeks ago. Just checked my order status and it has NOT been canceled. Hopefully they will ship this week!

articulatedjunction

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
Just got a backorder notice from B&H.  Trying to figure out whether to just go with the body only and get the lens separately.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »

jeffrev01

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:01 AM »
I ordered the T4i with the 18-135 as a kit from B&H. Last week I got the dreaded backorder email from them with no explanation on what the cause might be. They haven't cancelled but there was no indication as to when to expect the order to come in. I have also checked with a lot of other camera dealers, both large and small, and found that on one has received any of the new lenses yet. I read someone's reply that said they were able to directly order the lens from Canon and that it was being shipped on Wednesday. I hope they update this when they receive the lens so I know if that is the route I need to take to get mine.

Chuck J

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »
Just visited Amazon and the t4i with kit lens ef-s 18-135 IS STM is available at a premium of an extra $100. The previous temporarily out of stock item is still listed as out of stock even though it seems to be the same as above for $100 less.

What's up with that Amazon?

parkerhomie

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »
The T4i with the EF-S 18-135 IS STMl ens is available through amazon for 1299.99  by a different retailer than amazon (stereo advantage sells it).

smcd

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »
Got this email from Amazon tonight.  I had ordered on the first day it was advertised.   >:(

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have recently learned that Canon USA is voluntarily recalling the EOS REBEL T4i Digital SLR camera.

The front rubber grips of some EOS REBEL T4i units may turn white after a short period of time due to the deposit of zinc bis (N,N’-dimethyldithiocarbamate) on the product during manufacturing as a result of a chemical reaction.

While Canon has not received any reports of injury or allergic reactions, allergic skin reactions may develop. In addition, if eyes are rubbed after contact with the substance, symptoms, such as red eyes, may develop.

Our records indicate that you have an open order which includes the Canon EOS REBEL T4i Digital SLR camera that is affected by this recall. Please know we have canceled the item from your order.

You may also find additional details about the recall in the Canon USA bulletin at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024805ba6ce

We took this step as soon as we learned of the safety concern surrounding this product and regret the inconvenience this cancellation has caused. We trust that you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

tachijuan

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 11:05:09 AM »
That's the exact same email I got.

This stinks. That's a ton of Amazon bucks I have that I want to give them that I can't.

Chicane27

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Folks,

Here's my problem with this whole scenario. Canon made a huge deal of announcing its new STM lenses when it announced theT4i. They didnt say the 135 was coming soon, didn't hint at any delays, they sent out their press releases with no qualifications at all and I jumped to preorder the 135 kit through B&H.

I am sure I'm not alone in thinking that the body and all lens kits would be at key retailers shortly after the announcement. Like other posters here, I was very bummed when B & H of all places only had stock on the smaller lens kit. I was so eager to try the new camera that after having my 135mm kit order sit at B&H for 2 weeks, I bit the bullet and bought the body only. Rumor after rumor has come out since then about when the 135 lens would hit. I actually called the B&H buying office and was told not to expect the 135 before the end of July.  So, now I am wondering if there are manuacturing problems. 

To make matters worse, I have now dodged two recalls in less than a month - with this ridiculous rubber pad turning white and giving people hives, and now hearing that the firmware imprints the Japanese model "kiss" on the photo info for each shot. I admit I am a "P.U.D." - pent up demand. I waited a loooong time before buying my first video dslr, and so far it has been a complete cluster *#£#.

This smells a little like the iPhone antenna or white iPhone 4 fiascos.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:02:50 PM by Chicane27 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »

cosmicsniper

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Chicane27,
I understand your frustration as like many others, waiting is often not a fun game to play.  Canon fortunately has not listed any further known issues (at this time) for the t4i/650 on its support website besides the two previously mentioned.  If Canon is holding back shipments to fix these issues, then I applaud them for getting it right instead of fixing it at a later time.

Hopefully in the end we will be very happy with the kit!

Cosmicsniper

pmdiaz23

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »
I'm not here to brag but I got my T4i with 18-135 STM this weekend. Long story short, I went to BB to get the regular kit and when I was ringing out the rep had grabbed a STM kit that someone had ordered and canceled. He asked if I wanted it, so I couldn't say no.

I have a feeling these kits will soon start popping up!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:28 PM »