April 19, 2014, 07:17:17 AM

Author Topic: Amazon shipping 1DX yet? (status?)  (Read 2308 times)

JaxPhotoBuff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Amazon shipping 1DX yet? (status?)
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Has anyone received a 1DX shipped from Amazon yet or received a shipping notice? 
If so, please post the date and time you ordered and when your camera shipped and/or was received.

Maybe it was a mistake, but I waited and pre-ordered from Amazon because I missed the first several hours of the B&H pre-order opportunity and figured I would be way back on the list. Seeing that Amazon usually ships within a day or two of B&H for cameras like the 5D Mark III launch, I decided to try to get at the front of the Amazon pre-order list. I was able to pre-order within an hour or two of when it was possible on Amazon, but they are a black hole when it comes to information about new products that are not widely available.

I know B&H has shipped a small number wih more shipping today and early next week. Hoping to get some similar intelligence about what Amazon is doing (because their own customer service people don't know).

So, if you ordered from Amazon, post what you know!  My order briefly changed from "not yet shipped" to "shipping soon," stayed that way for about 18 hours, and then changed back to, "not yet shipped." Gotta love it.

canon rumors FORUM

Amazon shipping 1DX yet? (status?)
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »

Erik S. Klein

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon shipping 1DX yet? (status?)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »
IIRC Amazon was a week behind B&H and Adorama for shipping the 5D3...

YMMV.

JaxPhotoBuff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
IIRC Amazon was a week behind B&H and Adorama for shipping the 5D3...

YMMV.

Not that it's super important for this thread, but I reviewed the threads about the availability of the 5D Mark III to be sure before I posted.  The 5D Mark III began shipping from B&H, Adorama, and Amazon the week of March 22, 2012.  People were posting on a thread devoted to Amazon shipping of the 5D III saying that they had received their shipping notices and/or their cameras from Amazon on March 22, same as the other big retailers.

That said, it may not be holding true for the 1DX, so I'm still hoping for some confirmation from others who may have purchased from Amazon.  I'm not in a super big hurry, but would like to know if I'm likely to get it in the next week or so.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
I suspect Amazon is more consumer oriented and less pro oriented. They seem to be out of stock on the supertele lenses nearly perpetually, when B&H and Adorama have them.  For quite some time before preorders went live, the 1D X was not even listed on Amazon.  Conversely, on the consumer end, I got my preordered PowerShot S100 from Amazon before B&H started shipping them (but Best Buy had in-store stock even before Amazon shipped).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

JaxPhotoBuff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »
I asked for an update from Amazon customer service today, and they responded with, "We just do not have a definite date as to when we will receive our inventory.  Once they are ready to ship, we will send you an email to let you know the tracking information and the estimated delivery date."

So, I placed another pre-order with Crutchfield and then called to see where I was in their queue.  Turns out they have a very short queue, and I am number 2 out of 3 cameras they have backordered at the moment.  They said they do not know when they will get their next shipment in, but at least I know I am likely to get mine shipped out of that batch whenever it it received.  Another partipant in these forums reported ordering from Crutchfield on 7/5 and getting his order shipped on 7/9. 

I may be in exactly the same boat with both vendors (meaning I'll get the camera as soon as they get a shipment), but it "feels" better knowing where I am in the queue with Crutchfield AND that they have actually received and shipped some cameras already (a fact I cannot yet confirm with regard to Amazon).

JaxPhotoBuff

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:34 PM »
I just canceled my Amazon order for the 1DX because Crutchfield shipped it first!

I just got notice that my 1DX has shipped from Crutchfield this afternoon and will be in my hands by early next week! The amazing part is that I just got on Crutchfield's pre-order list on 7/11, and it shipped out today! (Big Thanks to Sephknite for posting about his similar experience with them!).

I am posting this in a couple of threads to both give kudos to Crutchfield for an awesome turn around time and to let the rest of you know that if you are "far back" in a queue at one of the other vendors and really want the camera as fast as possible, you should at least consider getting on the Crutchfield list, as they, like others, don't charge your card until the camera ships. They seem to have a very "short" queue right now (last I read was 8 in line, and now I'm out of the line and so is the guy in front of me).

I had been one of the first to order on Amazon, within two hours of when the camera became available for pre-order on 3/16. Since then, I have not been able to get a bit of information out of Amazon about either where I was in the queue or when they expected to receive a shipment. After receiving my shipping confirmation from Crutchfield, I canceled my Amazon order.  Now looking forward to getting the camera in my hands next week.

mccallew

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
I just canceled my Amazon order for the 1DX because Crutchfield shipped it first!

I just got notice that my 1DX has shipped from Crutchfield this afternoon and will be in my hands by early next week! The amazing part is that I just got on Crutchfield's pre-order list on 7/11, and it shipped out today! (Big Thanks to Sephknite for posting about his similar experience with them!).

I am posting this in a couple of threads to both give kudos to Crutchfield for an awesome turn around time and to let the rest of you know that if you are "far back" in a queue at one of the other vendors and really want the camera as fast as possible, you should at least consider getting on the Crutchfield list, as they, like others, don't charge your card until the camera ships. They seem to have a very "short" queue right now (last I read was 8 in line, and now I'm out of the line and so is the guy in front of me).

I had been one of the first to order on Amazon, within two hours of when the camera became available for pre-order on 3/16. Since then, I have not been able to get a bit of information out of Amazon about either where I was in the queue or when they expected to receive a shipment. After receiving my shipping confirmation from Crutchfield, I canceled my Amazon order.  Now looking forward to getting the camera in my hands next week.

For what it's worth, after seeing these posts about Crutchfield I looked into an order with them (I placed an order with Adorama on 4/10 so I am probably looking into 2013 before seeing a camera, it feels)... Customer Service at Crutchfield  told me,

"This is a new item, and we haven't received our first shipment yet. We'll be sure to keep you updated with information as we receive it from Canon."

So, it might seem, just like everywhere else, information and responses are dodgy at best.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

mccallew

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:34:46 PM »
For what it's worth, after seeing these posts about Crutchfield I looked into an order with them (I placed an order with Adorama on 4/10 so I am probably looking into 2013 before seeing a camera, it feels)... Customer Service at Crutchfield  told me,

"This is a new item, and we haven't received our first shipment yet. We'll be sure to keep you updated with information as we receive it from Canon."

So, it might seem, just like everywhere else, information and responses are dodgy at best.

I will note too, that as of an hour and a half ago they had approx 20 people on their wait list, and I was #15ish based on an order yesterday.

mosttoysrsk

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
Everyone just got bumped up one as I just cancelled my Crutchfield order and I was #4...
My camera came in from Canoga Camera in LA and is shipping out tomorrow..
It seems like everyone is getting shipments this week..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »