April 27, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

Author Topic: Any actual photographers out there?  (Read 15978 times)

crasher8

Re: Any actual photographers out there?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
Oh I thought the green square was for a border around my pretty pix. I was going to save it for my St. Patty's day snapshots. I've been using C3 but keep getting PO'd at my bad shots.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

RC

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »
The OP may be a fine fellow (with only 2 posts it's hard to tell), but let's face it- this post was a troll. He makes two rather subjective, condescending statements without supporting evidence and thereby infers his superior knowledge and skill?  ::)

This place is primarily a hobbyist forum, nobody expects an Encyclopedia Photographia and we’re all here for fun and entertainment with our widely varying abilities. I wouldn’t  ask anyone to provide a pedigree UNLESS they're criticizing others and claiming expertise. So- put your money where your mouth is, dude.

Nicely stated!

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »
Love this site and the various topics that seem to get people hot under the collar. But am amazed at the rather low level of knowledge out there on the subject of photography and the poor quality of work being showcased in these forums. Is it just me or do others agree?

Yes, There is alot of photography here that isn't very good but I dont judge. Art is in the eye of the beholder and I cannot say that one persons photos are better or worse than my own. All I can do is give my opinion on what my eye likes or doesn't like.

Then there is the person who orders the very best of equipment but cannot take a good photo. There is more to photography than equipment, and that is more important to the final product, PHOTOS.

pwp

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »
Isn't a definition of an expert "someone who knows just a bit more than the next person..."?  Like my last car mechanic.

This list is populated with photographers with abilities that range from beginner, to some slightly out-of-reality equipment enthusiasts, to often startlingly perceptive hobbyists, and plenty of very accomplished amateurs to deeply experienced professionals in an age range that spans decades. And we all have something valid to offer each other.

To the OP, you'll find that this is largely an inclusive and accommodating list that respects and  salutes the different ability level that each poster is presently at. If you are an advanced photographer yourself, then there inevitably was a time that you were a wide eyed novice who valued creative, positive and nurturing responses to your images and ability level.

PW
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:16:07 PM by pwp »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
+1000 about trolls

Why would people showcase rather than show samples or examples. The galleries are stuffed full of good pictures - this isn't a fine art forum

thank god its not a fine art forum, it seems everyone that took an under
/ over exposed blurry photo calls themselves a fine art photographer these days
APS-H Fanboy

dr croubie

• EOS 5DS R
  • Too many photos, too little time.
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
thank god its not a fine art forum, it seems everyone that took an under / over exposed blurry photo calls themselves a fine art photographer these days

Damn, well there goes my last hope of being a 'fine art' photographer, you've seen through my idea already.

Oh well, at least i've got a day job not to quit...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »