November 23, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

Author Topic: Canon 1D X Arrived from Crutchfield  (Read 6924 times)

sephknite

Re: Canon 1D X Arrived from Crutchfield
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »
The guy who took my order and gave me a lot of good info was Kramer.

The 2nd time I talked to them, Vlad looked up my order number and told me the next shipment would include my pre-order.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »

DarkG

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
Hey guys...... thanks a lot for the info.. I placed my order too

Order Date:
7/12/2012 3:11:00 PM

I am number #9 I think so now...... I already verified my order with a "code word".

I hope we can get one before the Olympic Games.

thanks again.

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
I just got notice that my 1DX has shipped from Crutchfield this afternoon and will be in my hands by early next week! The amazing part is that I just got on Crutchfield's pre-order list on 7/11, and it shipped out today! (Big Thanks to Sephknite for posting about his similar experience with them!).

I am posting this in a couple of threads to both give kudos to Crutchfield for an awesome turn around time and to let the rest of you know that if you are "far back" in a queue at one of the other vendors and really want the camera as fast as possible, you should at least consider getting on the Crutchfield list, as they, like others, don't charge your card until the camera ships. They seem to have a very "short" queue right now (last I read was 8 in line, and now I'm out of the line and so is the guy in front of me).

I had been one of the first to order on Amazon, within two hours of when the camera became available for pre-order on 3/16. Since then, I have not been able to get a bit of information out of Amazon about either where I was in the queue or when they expected to receive a shipment. After receiving my shipping confirmation from Crutchfield, I canceled my Amazon order.  Now looking forward to getting the camera in my hands next week.

sephknite

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
I just got notice that my 1DX has shipped from Crutchfield this afternoon and will be in my hands by early next week! The amazing part is that I just got on Crutchfield's pre-order list on 7/11, and it shipped out today! (Big Thanks to Sephknite for posting about his similar experience with them!).

I am posting this in a couple of threads to both give kudos to Crutchfield for an awesome turn around time and to let the rest of you know that if you are "far back" in a queue at one of the other vendors and really want the camera as fast as possible, you should at least consider getting on the Crutchfield list, as they, like others, don't charge your card until the camera ships. They seem to have a very "short" queue right now (last I read was 8 in line, and now I'm out of the line and so is the guy in front of me).

I had been one of the first to order on Amazon, within two hours of when the camera became available for pre-order on 3/16. Since then, I have not been able to get a bit of information out of Amazon about either where I was in the queue or when they expected to receive a shipment. After receiving my shipping confirmation from Crutchfield, I canceled my Amazon order.  Now looking forward to getting the camera in my hands next week.

Congrats!

My pleasure--I know lots of folks want to try out this amazing camera, and it's frustrating to wait for the big websites to get large numbers in to fulfill all those orders. I am hoping that everyone who read or hear about Crutchfield give them a shot because the risk is very low as they won't charge your credit card until the camera ships. Hopefully everyone will be enjoying this monster of an awesome camera soon.  ;D

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

Good for you! Crutchfield may be the dark horse in the 1DX race. I placed a preorder today. We'll see...

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

sephknite

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

Good for you! Crutchfield may be the dark horse in the 1DX race. I placed a preorder today. We'll see...

-c

Good luck to you and all the folks giving Crutchfield a shot. Man, I feel like such a promoter.  ;D

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
I just spoke with another CSR. All she could tell me was that Canon has told them demand far exceeds expectations and they don't know when their next shipment will arrive  :(
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »

sephknite

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
I just spoke with another CSR. All she could tell me was that Canon has told them demand far exceeds expectations and they don't know when their next shipment will arrive  :(

Give them another try today or tomorrow. Maybe a different customer rep that has more info and not the same one. That was the 1st business day after you ordered, so hopefully they'll get more info/stock soon.

moonwell

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photog
    • View Profile
    • Moonwell Photography
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
Per my most recent communication with Crutchfield, they have no shipment update from Canon, but, "It looks like you may be in the top five orders." So I've possibly moved up 3+ spots in the queue in the last week.

mosttoysrsk

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
Moonwell when did you place your order?  I placed mine with Crutchfield on 7-11 in the afternoon and was told the same info..
You are approximately in the top 5... I wonder if that has become a guarded standard response.

moonwell

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photog
    • View Profile
    • Moonwell Photography
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
Ordered late on 7/11. Was originally told there were 7 ahead of me when I inquired on the 12th.

mosttoysrsk

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
That makes sense, it looks like there was 2 cameras shipped on the 13th, I am probably just above you.  I hope they get in more than 2 cameras at a time.  It is promising though as we are on a short list considering how late we both ordered.
I also placed an order about 4 weeks ago with Canoga camera but they will not give any info of where you are in the queue.

moonwell

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photog
    • View Profile
    • Moonwell Photography
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »
Crutchfield still has no shipment update from Canon.  They currently have 21 orders in their queue.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »

sephknite

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
Crutchfield still has no shipment update from Canon.  They currently have 21 orders in their queue.

Any luck elsewhere? Adorama, Amazon, BH, eBay?

moonwell

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Photog
    • View Profile
    • Moonwell Photography
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
Thanks to this post ( http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=7847.msg148389#msg148389 ) I got my order placed and confirmed at www.tallyns.com. So, a lot of people will now be moving up a spot in the Amazon and Crutchfield queue :) Or cancel and order from Tally's to have one in your hands next week.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »