Gear Talk > Software & Accessories

PixStics - Discussion

(1/7) > >>

brianleighty:
Hello everyone, so I've been working on a script for around the past 10 months and I'm finally ready to get some feedback from other people. I named it Pixstics because it does picture statistics by taking the exif data in JPGs and compares it against the other JPGs in the set. It's all javascript based so there's no software to install and it will work offline as well once it's been loaded up at least once. If some of you guys want to check it out and see what you think:
http://leightyphotography.com/PixStics/
I'd love to hear your feedback on it. Thanks.

brianleighty:
Forgot to mention, even though it mentions it in the link, this requires either Firefox or Chrome. IE and Safari both don't have the FileReader method needed to make it work.

Just to give you a few examples of what you can do, let's say you want to know what focal length or lens you use the most. Then you want to break that down and find out in each of those groups how many pictures you rated as 5 stars. Or perhaps what shutter speed you use at what focal length or what aperture you use the most. The possibilities are pretty broad since there are 11 properties I believe and so if I'm doing my math right it should be a total of 121 (11 x 11).

As I say on the site, none of your data gets uploaded to the server and if you want to test this load up the page. After it's fully loaded disable your wifi or lan connection and then refresh the page. Everything should still work. The only thing that ever sends an data is if you want to export the graph as this uses Highcharts server for creating the output file. Anyways take a look and see what you think.

PeterJ:
Cool idea and nice user interface. I seem to have a problem though when I drop more than about half a dozen photos, it gets stuck at 'Processing 7 of 8' for example. It seems like it's actually loaded them if I go ahead and select some charts, it just doesn't report them as loaded. The JPEG files I was trying are about 5MB each and I'm using FF 13.0.1.

nightbreath:

--- Quote from: PeterJ on July 09, 2012, 11:56:25 PM ---Cool idea and nice user interface. I seem to have a problem though when I drop more than about half a dozen photos, it gets stuck at 'Processing 7 of 8' for example. It seems like it's actually loaded them if I go ahead and select some charts, it just doesn't report them as loaded. The JPEG files I was trying are about 5MB each and I'm using FF 13.0.1.

--- End quote ---

This might happen when you process big amount of data in a row due to timeouts in browsers. Brian, if there's an issue you'd be stuck with you can contact me so I can look at the script with you.

bvukich:
Very cool, even works in chrome on Linux  :D

Doesn't go down through a directory tree though, which is inconvenient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version