Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Where do you start for videos?

<< < (5/5)

Matthew19:
The LCD can be fine for focus if you know how to use it. Plenty of wedding videos are made with just the LCD, and no follow focus. Its actually easier to see the more open your aperture. Anything above 2.8 and it gets more difficult to tell where your focus point is. User the punch in feature in liveview to be sure.

Matt
www.thefilmpoets.com

pardus:
When I first got my 7D I got "Learn Canon 5D Mark II Cinematography With Philip Bloom" and "Philip Bloom - Learn To Shoot Great Video With Your Canon 7D" and was amazing, brought me up to speed in a couple of days and made a huge difference in understanding the whole process and reasons why settings or techniques work or dont. There is minimal difference from the mark ii or 7D in terms of what he is teaching and easily applicable to the mark iii.

Definitely recommend both those videos. He goes into a bit of post processing as well.

fdtv:
I have done a lot of research on dslr video and yes you can create some amazing footage but is comes at a cost. Camera and lenses cost then there is the external audio recorder, then software to sync audio in post, a follow focus and the workflow when shooting takes longer when you have to manually focus each shot. Then if you shoot fast movement you have to deal with the jello effect.

After experiencing all this I decided to just buy the Canon XF100. About the same price as the 5d3 but you get 2 xlr inputs 50mps shooting to cfl cards and 4:2:2 color.

I still use my dslr as a b camera, but it literally takes half the time shooting with the XF100. This is just my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version