Well, being a 60D owner who can't justify $3000+ on a camera for chasing sunsets, I really like the specs!
- Plastic doesn't bother me (my 60D has plenty of it and it has never kept me from doing anything), although I have to acknowledge a metal body feels great in the hand.
- Smaller size is also good, I guess, because as a FF camera, it can't be made too small for men's hands and will be lighter than a 5DmII/III.
- The sensor should be more than good enough, even if Nikon's got a better one and has won the round.
- 19 AF points, like the 7D? Well, everybody likes it on the 7D, and if I've managed to live with only 9 so far.
- 4 fps, well, not that great, but I can't see myself needing to go any faster.
- ISO 100-51,200: now that would be some improvement for me!
- Having a built-in flash that can act as a commander seals the deal for me.
- $2000? Well, I can wait a little... BUT, sure it shouldn't cost more than the Nikon "equivalent".
The 5DmII is sure a great camera, but the built-in flash and the better AF are important to me as I can buy one less flash and have more keepers of my soon-to-come kid.
Is the D600 better? Oh, I'll have all my needs taken care of with the 6D or whatever they call it. I don't care if my neighbors will have a better toy; mine will be great for me already.