October 01, 2014, 07:06:51 AM

Poll

Did you ever like surreal hdr tonemapping?

Nope, I've got taste ;-p
Yup, but I am cured :-)
Sure, still do

Voting closes: October 30, 2014, 02:17:55 PM

Author Topic: Your *worst* hdr creations ("skeleton in the closet" thread)  (Read 1037 times)

Maximilian

• Canon 70D
  • The dark side - I've been there
    • View Profile
Re: Your *worst* hdr creations ("skeleton in the closet" thread)
« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:15:52 AM »
Hi Marsu!

I would have voted "Nope", because I normally don't do HDR and also haven't really tied it out.
I was kept from doing so because of the "I've got taste" and I think that's not fair (although with humor).
I understand that it's fascinating and that a lot of people like this kind of art. And so it's just a different taste.

My approach to digital photography was always the one of the film days with having the convenience of the digital age during pp.

So therefore I cannot share any "skeleton in the closet". But it's fun to look at the pics others share here. Thanks.
sometimes you have to close your eyes to see properly.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:15:52 AM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #16 on: Today at 03:25:01 AM »
I was kept from doing so because of the "I've got taste" and I think that's not fair (although with humor).
I understand that it's fascinating and that a lot of people like this kind of art. And so it's just a different taste.

Well, it's a fun thread, and I really do hope no one feels offended. I amended the option with a ;-) just to make sure the point comes across.

So therefore I cannot share any "skeleton in the closet". But it's fun to look at the pics others share here. Thanks.

I hope people keep participating, I find many photogs are way too serious about what they do - in many good movie dvds, there are "outtakes" with embarrassing scenes, and that doesn't diminish the quality of the product.

I promised to enter something, but I had tossed a lot. Here's one where I just experimented to see what I could get from HDR in a situation that I haven't figured out what to do with - yet.

Excellent shot for educational purposes, because it proves that you cannot improve a shot just by juggling with exposure or dynamic range! Imho, what needs to be done here is a completely different lighting like putting several flashes to the sides between the trees, with just 2x front/backlighting it will always look awful.

Maximilian

• Canon 70D
  • The dark side - I've been there
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:32:02 AM »
Well, it's a fun thread, and I really do hope no one feels offended.
I find many photogs are way too serious about what they do
Of course I got that humor right ;) , and of course - as many Germans - I am too often too serious  :( , but I'm working on that.  :-\
And as I said, looking at all those images is also fun to me.
And also a good justification to stay away form this technique and kind of art - for me  ;)

Thanks for the idea of that thread.
sometimes you have to close your eyes to see properly.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:32:02 AM »