December 19, 2014, 04:06:36 PM

Author Topic: Post your HDR images:  (Read 156381 times)

holbein

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Post your HDR images:
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »
My attempt

-edit-

This was taken in Southern Norway in a place called Eftang.

The summer is on its way and the stones is trying to break free of the ice.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:39:34 PM by holbein »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
My attempt
Lovely! Why don't you describe it a bit.

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 09, 2013, 09:47:11 AM »
Raw , one exposure, d800+200/2.0 at 4.0

One exposure ... Impressive.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:22:45 PM by Click »

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Great picture! I like the orangish tone. However, and I am sure you figured that there was going to be a "however"... :)

The sun is on the first third (from the left), the first building (from the left) that has a chimney starts on the next third, the horizon is smack-bam right in the center! The top member of the bridge forms a boring straight line that runs along with the horizon. So what is it that you are trying to convey pictorially, except for the colour orange? And there are these branches on the top to the right of the picture - they distract me.

I was not there, hence, I could be very off in my suggestion. However (yes, another count of that word...), if I were you, I would go further up, past the bridge, then frame the picture without the chimneys and with the sun on either the first or second one-thirds position. AND the horizon would not be ambivalent - 50-50. It would frame either more sky, or water depending on  what looked better.

But then that is just me...

I hope that helps.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
well It was not  about the motive , it was about  that you can dig out information from one raw file with out banding and noise.
Sorry, I thought you were sharing a picture you made. My mistake... Please convey it to the photographer. I think he could learn and deliver great stuff if only he figured out geometry (3D geometry)...

Sporgon

• 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
well It was not  about the motive, its a bridge against the sun  , it was about  that I can dig out information from one raw file from sun into shadows with out banding and noise in the shadows. You need two different exposure to do the same with a Canon, I can do it hand held you must use a tripod.

Oh no  :-\

Here we go again. You don't honestly think the picture you've posted can technically compete with some of the competent HDR images posted on this thread do you ?

Sporgon

• 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »
well It was not  about the motive, its a bridge against the sun  , it was about  that I can dig out information from one raw file from sun into shadows with out banding and noise in the shadows. You need two different exposure to do the same with a Canon, I can do it hand held you must use a tripod.

Oh no  :-\

Here we go again. You don't honestly think the picture you've posted can technically compete with some of the competent HDR images posted on this thread do you ?

did I say that?
how do you think a competent HDR picture from a d800 looks with 14 stops DR to chose from  and the same approach?
Please , Keep apart what we are discussing and showing.

This thread's about HDR. You're single frame picture isn't actually 'HDR' in this context.

However your post does show that even when using a D800, a single frame exposure in extreme EV range is no match for well blended bracketed exposures, so from that point it's quite useful.

When blending multiple exposures 14 stops of DR has no advantage over anything else anyway.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »

Krob78

• 1D X
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 09, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
possible, but you can make/develope  two copies from the same raw file/exposure , one after highlights and one after the shadows and blend them, handhold and no worry about the subject moving or not.
Have to be a blistering fast shutter speed, I believe I've seen it done but the tripod is most certainly the option to go with!
Ken

5D Mark III, 100-400L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-105L, 16-35L IS, 17-40L, 85mm 1.8, Samy 14mm 2.8,  600 EX-RT, 580EX II, 430EX II, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

rpiotr01

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 09, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »

The DR of the D800 and Sony sensor is well known, however, I don't think this qualifies as HDR. I get that there is no noise or banding, but there's also no detail. It's out of focus mush. Again, technically it's a nice piece of kit, but there is no interest in the shadow area that was lifted (a common theme I remember seeing from a lot of people when the D800 was first released). The interest of the photo, IMO, is the beautiful orange color of the sun and sky. It's a nice photo which could have benefited from the use of bracketing and a tripod.

Niterider

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 09, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
well It was not  about the motive, its a bridge against the sun, nothing fancy  . It more  about  that I can dig out information from one raw file from sun into shadows with out banding and noise in the shadows. You need two different exposure to do the same with a Canon, I can do it hand held, you must use a tripod. This file are now saved 4 times as a JPG =not optimal.

Ahh and all hope that this thread wouldn't be hijacked by the dynamic range discussion is gone. Please try not to ruin this thread like you have ruined many others...

If you have hdr pictures to post, this is the place to post them. Take the dr discussion elsewhere.

Krob78

• 1D X
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
well It was not  about the motive, its a bridge against the sun, nothing fancy  . It more  about  that I can dig out information from one raw file from sun into shadows with out banding and noise in the shadows. You need two different exposure to do the same with a Canon, I can do it hand held, you must use a tripod. This file are now saved 4 times as a JPG =not optimal.

Ahh and all hope that this thread wouldn't be hijacked by the dynamic range discussion is gone. Please try not to ruin this thread like you have ruined many others...

If you have hdr pictures to post, this is the place to post them. Take the dr discussion elsewhere.
Agreed, just post'em.  We'll let you know how we like'm... They're great to look at!  For what it's worth, Crayola Crayons have a better DR than Walmart brand... but my grand daughter hasn't let that get in the way of her creating art... Bring on some more HDR images!
Ken

5D Mark III, 100-400L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-105L, 16-35L IS, 17-40L, 85mm 1.8, Samy 14mm 2.8,  600 EX-RT, 580EX II, 430EX II, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

MxM

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Maxim Linssen Photography
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
Time to post some new and fresh pictures.

It's an old abandoned theater.

The rest of the pictures are on my site.
http://maximlinssen.com/eastern-cinema/

Hope you like them! Feedback is welcome...

MxM

MxM

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Maxim Linssen Photography
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
I take the discussion else where, but the last pictures and several others  photos , what have they to do with HDR?
Motive you should manage with one exposure and some work in  raw and PS

Because the last pictures are all HDR pictures. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »

candyman

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Time to post some new and fresh pictures.

It's an old abandoned theater.

The rest of the pictures are on my site.
http://maximlinssen.com/eastern-cinema/

Hope you like them! Feedback is welcome...

MxM

Maxim, I like them very much. very interesting subject and good HDR. Exactly fit the purpose and not overdone. Well done!

woollybear

« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
I don't know, any good?  I tried to get the sun behind the steeple but couldn't get an angle on it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »