December 18, 2014, 07:12:32 PM

Author Topic: Post your HDR images:  (Read 156188 times)

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Post your HDR images:
« Reply #450 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Bryce Canyon NP, Sunset Point

I like the colors and the light in this picture. Nicely done.

Yes, very nice photo! I would love to go there someday and try to capture a shot like that.
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #450 on: May 25, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »

mpetersheim

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »
Hey guys, first time poster here, I think; I don't recall posting on the forum in the past...
Anyway, I've enjoyed a lot of the work posted in this thread, so here's a few of mine. I have fun with the HDR development process on some of my stuff, but on a lot of it I prefer an invisible HDR; that generally means either manually merging several brackets or just treading very lightly with the tone-mapping part of HDR. I've got some of both below....

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
Hey guys, first time poster here, I think; I don't recall posting on the forum in the past...
Anyway, I've enjoyed a lot of the work posted in this thread, so here's a few of mine. I have fun with the HDR development process on some of my stuff, but on a lot of it I prefer an invisible HDR; that generally means either manually merging several brackets or just treading very lightly with the tone-mapping part of HDR. I've got some of both below....

Gorgeous photos. The last 3 look so natural I wouldn't have guessed they were HDR. What software did you use?
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

grimson

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2013, 02:12:07 AM »
Hello, my 2nd attempt on HDR;

5 bracketed photo's made into one.
Lightroom 4 + HDR Nik plugin.

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2013, 08:19:28 AM »

Awesome landscapes. I really like the 3rd and the last one. Nicely done.

mpetersheim

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2013, 10:04:04 AM »
Gorgeous photos. The last 3 look so natural I wouldn't have guessed they were HDR. What software did you use?

Thanks! All but the third photo had initial processing done in HDR Efex Pro 2; the third one was just done manually in Photoshop, as I recall. With the last photo, I merged portions of the original photos back in over some of the less natural HDR sections.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Wow! Such great pics. The in camera HDR is terrible! I must get one of the HDR plugins. Suggestions please :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

mpetersheim

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 27, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »
Wow! Such great pics. The in camera HDR is terrible! I must get one of the HDR plugins. Suggestions please :)

I think the two most popular ones are Photomatix and Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro. Photomatix is cheaper (now that all Nik plugins are bundled together), probably more powerful and with a steeper learning curve. HDR Efex Pro costs more because all the Nik plugins are bundled together since Google bought Nik, and I think it's a little easier to learn but doesn't give you the level of control that Photomatix does. If others disagree, please correct me; it's been awhile since I used Photomatix.

The upside of buying the Nik bundle is that you get five other plugins, too; Silver Efex Pro, Viveza and Color Efex Pro were all particularly useful additions for me.

Really, though, I don't think you can go wrong with either option for HDR processing.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 27, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

I think the two most popular ones are Photomatix and Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro. Photomatix is cheaper (now that all Nik plugins are bundled together), probably more powerful and with a steeper learning curve. HDR Efex Pro costs more because all the Nik plugins are bundled together since Google bought Nik, and I think it's a little easier to learn but doesn't give you the level of control that Photomatix does. If others disagree, please correct me; it's been awhile since I used Photomatix.

The upside of buying the Nik bundle is that you get five other plugins, too; Silver Efex Pro, Viveza and Color Efex Pro were all particularly useful additions for me.

Really, though, I don't think you can go wrong with either option for HDR processing.
mpetersheim, thanks. I will check them out.

MxM

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Maxim Linssen Photography
« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »
It's time to call the maid...

MxM

blaydese

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Mr. Blaydes Photography
« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2013, 02:20:12 AM »
Paint chips look cool.   :D

Peace! 8)

Krob78

• 1D X
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
I've been dabbling with HDR for some time, and stalking these forums without posting/registering for the past twelve months.  Here are a couple more recent HDR photos I've done-- nothing special.

HDR Campfire

Govan Schoolhouse HDR (East/Central WA state)

Spokane Riverfront Park HDR (Monochrome)
Nice Spiffy!
Ken

5D Mark III, 100-400L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-105L, 16-35L IS, 17-40L, 85mm 1.8, Samy 14mm 2.8,  600 EX-RT, 580EX II, 430EX II, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

Krob78

• 1D X
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »

MxM
Interesting room MxM.. have you processed any B&W's as well?  looks like a great image for some contrasty b&W images... Really like it!
Ken

5D Mark III, 100-400L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-105L, 16-35L IS, 17-40L, 85mm 1.8, Samy 14mm 2.8,  600 EX-RT, 580EX II, 430EX II, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »

MxM

To be honest I don't think this particular image is really benefitting from HDR, in fact I would argue that it is hurting the image. 

There isn't a very high dynamic range in this composition, in fact I'm sure you could have probably gotten all the highlight and lowlight values in this shot from a single exposure.  It seems that you are using HDR to simply amplify the detail contrast to accentuate the grungyness of the scene.  The main problem with this is that now you have enhanced the micro contrast of the area of the picture that is out of focus causing the bokeh to become very nervous and distracting (the opposite of what bokeh should be). 

If you want the micro contrast in the foreground there are many ways to achieve this effect without global hdr on the entire image.  Just my constructive criticism.

MxM

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Maxim Linssen Photography
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »
@blaydese and Krob78, Thank you!

@alex, the funny bokeh is caused by someone who walked in the same room (bend/jumpy floor) that caused my tripod to shake al little bid. (didn't exclude the false exposure) This one in not the best picture I agree, but still wanted to share it with you people.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »