December 21, 2014, 08:04:33 PM

Author Topic: Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II  (Read 28585 times)

surapon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
TESTING CANON TS-E 24 MM. F/ 3.5 L MK II
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
Yes, My Friends.
I just get this Awesome/Super sharp/ beautiful Lens  , Canon TS-E 24 mm. F/ 3.5 L MK II, about 4 months ago, and on my Canon 5D MK II all the times.
Yes, I try to test this Awesome Lens as best as I can, And I have long way to go, to adjust/ learn " how to Use" as best of this lens's ability.
YES, IF I ONLY HAVE 1 LENS IN THIS  WORLD, Yes, I want this lens on my Camera all the times.
Enjoy
Surapon
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:50:38 AM by surapon »

canon rumors FORUM

TESTING CANON TS-E 24 MM. F/ 3.5 L MK II
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
Re: TESTING CANON TS-E 24 MM. F/ 3.5 L MK II
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
I just get this Awesome/Super sharp/ beautiful Lens  , Canon TS-E 24 mm. F/ 3.5 L MK II, about 4 months ago, and on my Canon 5D MK II all the times.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:26 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »
The last Photo to show the picture in Shift position for the  shallow DOF.
Enjoy
Surapon

Click

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 09:28:11 AM »
Congrats on your acquisition. The TS-E 24 mm is a great lens.

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
Congrats on your acquisition. The TS-E 24 mm is a great lens.

Good Saturday morning to you, Sir, Dear Mr. Click.
Yes, Sir, This is the best lens that I fell in love and I use 95% of my Travel trips.
Not Only the most sharpest Canon Lens that I have, But  one of the Most Special Effected Lens = Well Yes, Second  to my Cheapo Lens Bower 8mm Fisheye Lens---Only in Special Effect---NOT IN THE SHARPEST PHOTOS.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Dear Sir.
This Group of Photos below are Just Lens TS-E, at normal position , just for walk around shooting in Wide angle view only.
Yes, Sir, I love high contrast of colors  that created by this awesome Lens.
Enjoy
Surapon

PS, In Downtown Denver, CO, USA. two months ago

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »
Dear Sir.
This Group of Photos below are Just Lens TS-E, at normal position , just for walk around shooting in Wide angle view only.
Yes, Sir, I love high contrast of colors  that created by this awesome Lens.
Enjoy
Surapon

PS, In Downtown Denver, CO, USA. two months ago

wearle

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »
To all,

I just rented this lens, and I had a great time using it.  I kind of wish I didn't rent it since I'm going to have to get me one in the near future.

Here are several images I took using the shift only.  It's too bad you can't use tilt and shift at the same time.  :(

Wade

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
It's too bad you can't use tilt and shift at the same time.

???  What makes you think you can't use them together?  It's certainly possible - and the fact you can alter the orientation of the movements relative to one another is a great feature of the TS-E 17L and TS-E 24L II (which the original 24 lacks, as do the current 45 and 90 lenses).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »
Dear Sir/ Teacher, Mr. neuroanatomist.
Here are My Photos at the  State Park in Raleigh, North Carolina.
With my lovely TS-E 24 MM F/ 3.5  MK II, With B+W-FILTER,  82 KSM C+POL MRC., F-PRO At Normal Position as Wide angle lens.
Surapon
 PS. Dear Sir, I still in Learning period of this awesome lens.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:42:07 PM by surapon »

wearle

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
???  What makes you think you can't use them together?  It's certainly possible - and the fact you can alter the orientation of the movements relative to one another is a great feature of the TS-E 17L and TS-E 24L II (which the original 24 lacks, as do the current 45 and 90 lenses).

Neuro,

I should have been more specific.  As far as I know, they cannot be used both on the same plane since they are oriented 90 degrees from one another.  Back in the day, while using a field camera, I could shift in the vertical and tilt the lens along the vertical.  With the TS-E, you can shift along the vertical, but only tilt along the horizontal.  Am I missing something?

Wade

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »
I should have been more specific.  As far as I know, they cannot be used both on the same plane since they are oriented 90 degrees from one another.  Back in the day, while using a field camera, I could shift in the vertical and tilt the lens along the vertical.  With the TS-E, you can shift along the vertical, but only tilt along the horizontal.  Am I missing something?

Hi Wade,

Yes, you're missing something.  As I stated above, it is possible to alter the relative orientation of tilt and shift to one another with the lens - the feature is called TS Rotation (which is distinct from regular rotation).  You can shift in the vertical and tilt in the horizontal (or vice versa) OR both shift and tilt in the vertical (or horizontal). 

Note that I'm assuming that you rented the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.  The TS-E 17mm and the MkII version of the TS-E 24mm have the TS Rotation feature.  The original (MkI) version of the 24mm does not, nor do the TS-E 45mm or TS-E 90mm lenses.  Note that with those older designs, it is still possible to have tilt and shift in the same orientation, but it requires removing the shift plate (held in place by four screws), turning it 90°, then reattaching it.  Keith Cooper of Nortlight Images describes that procedure here.   

The difference with the TS-E 17 and 24 MkII is that you can make that change on-the-fly, by simply pressing a button and rotating the front part of the lens.  Not only can you have them at 90° or parallel, it's also possible to have tilt and shift oriented 45° (or any other relative relationship, if you ignore Canon's recommendation) to one another.  The TS Rotation feature is described in the manual.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

MS84

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
    • Landscape photography of Beskydy mountains, Czech Republic, Europe
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2013, 01:07:10 AM »
A couple of shots from my gallery taken with TS-E24II..

surapon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »

Hi Wade,

Yes, you're missing something.  As I stated above, it is possible to alter the relative orientation of tilt and shift to one another with the lens - the feature is called TS Rotation (which is distinct from regular rotation).  You can shift in the vertical and tilt in the horizontal (or vice versa) OR both shift and tilt in the vertical (or horizontal). 

Note that I'm assuming that you rented the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.  The TS-E 17mm and the MkII version of the TS-E 24mm have the TS Rotation feature.  The original (MkI) version of the 24mm does not, nor do the TS-E 45mm or TS-E 90mm lenses.  Note that with those older designs, it is still possible to have tilt and shift in the same orientation, but it requires removing the shift plate (held in place by four screws), turning it 90°, then reattaching it.  Keith Cooper of Nortlight Images describes that procedure here.   

The difference with the TS-E 17 and 24 MkII is that you can make that change on-the-fly, by simply pressing a button and rotating the front part of the lens.  Not only can you have them at 90° or parallel, it's also possible to have tilt and shift oriented 45° (or any other relative relationship, if you ignore Canon's recommendation) to one another.  The TS Rotation feature is described in the manual.

Thousand Thanks, Sir/ Teacher, Mr neuroanatomist.
I will try  and Report back to you.
Have a great day, Sir.
Surapon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2013, 10:31:10 AM »