Image & Video Galleries > 1D X Sample Images

Any Thing shot with a 1Dx

<< < (98/724) > >>

tombu:
^2nd picture, "I'm fabulous"  ;D

Northstar:

--- Quote from: Jan van Holten on March 15, 2013, 04:08:29 PM ---Togheter with two others just returned from a trip to Kamtsjatka, Russia. The Russian touroperator told us that is was the first time that people from Europe came to the place to photograph the Stellers Sea-Eagle. I now understand why, the place is very inaccessible because there are hardly any roads. The meter of snow and the weather determines whether one anyway eagles sees. One week of stay also yielded two earthquakes and two heavy snowstorms. But fortunatly the Ural truck did it's job, what a hell of a truck. Unstoppable.

--- End quote ---

excellent stuff jan....very nice

bdunbar79:
NCAA Tournament:
1DX, 70-200 f/2.8L II IS, 1/500, f/2.8, ISO 5000

expatinasia:

--- Quote from: Jan van Holten on March 15, 2013, 04:08:29 PM ---Togheter with two others just returned from a trip to Kamtsjatka, Russia. The Russian touroperator told us that is was the first time that people from Europe came to the place to photograph the Stellers Sea-Eagle. I now understand why, the place is very inaccessible because there are hardly any roads. The meter of snow and the weather determines whether one anyway eagles sees. One week of stay also yielded two earthquakes and two heavy snowstorms. But fortunatly the Ural truck did it's job, what a hell of a truck. Unstoppable.

--- End quote ---

Wow! What an experience to have. How did your equipment hold up and what did you use to protect it? It looks very cold....

Love the seal shot, it looks like it is actually posing for the camera while pretending to be put off! The eagle shot is great too.

Jan van Holten:

--- Quote from: expatinasia on March 17, 2013, 12:32:10 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow! What an experience to have. How did your equipment hold up and what did you use to protect it? It looks very cold....

Love the seal shot, it looks like it is actually posing for the camera while pretending to be put off! The eagle shot is great too.

--- End quote ---

My equipment had no problems at all. I've used a 1DX for most of the time and it worked flawlessly. I did not protect it although I brought a plastic cover with me to keep the direct wind of the camera. Also, when going outside we had no problems with the camera concerning cover. On the first day of the snowstorm the temperature was about minus 12 degrees Celsius en a windforce of 8 to 9 Beaufort. Visibility was sometimes not more dan 15 metres. The truck on the picture drove into a wall of 1.5 metres of snow because of that poor visibility. With some help it got loose and instead of choosing another route the driver just send the truck over de snow-wall. Only with a bit more care.
Altogheter, because of the circumstances I did not manage to get the Eagle shots I was hoping for ( low angle ). Photographing wildlife on the southern part of Kamtsjatka during winter demands to make it a longer project, but is a great adventure.  My other camera, a 1Dmark4 also worked well. Alle lenses used are L-lenses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version