July 23, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

Author Topic: Any Thing shot with a 1Dx  (Read 411593 times)

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
Re: Any Thing shot with a 1Dx
« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »
Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this forum and after looking for a few minutes was blown away by "Garry Samples".  Looked for another couple hours untill it was nearly 4AM and I couldn't keep my eyes open.  Emailed the link around and now I'm back and there is scarcely a trace.  Anyone have any idea what happened - I'm so disappointed!

Jack

Gary Samples took offence to someone having a joke about his spelling, or rather grammar, and deleted his account.

So Gary, if you're still reading CR, I'd say there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate your pictures, and you're being overly sensitive. Everyone is constantly making spelling/ grammar mistakes, especially when posting from an iOS.

I'd say your pictures spoke for themselves anyway  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:41 PM »

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2013, 01:28:59 PM »
Very nice.  This was one feature I had not tried on my 5diii and you inspired me to give it a shot this week at a soccer game.... Made a lot of mistakes but will be better prepared next week.  Thanks for sharing.

Multi-Exposure function...

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this forum and after looking for a few minutes was blown away by "Garry Samples".  Looked for another couple hours untill it was nearly 4AM and I couldn't keep my eyes open.  Emailed the link around and now I'm back and there is scarcely a trace.  Anyone have any idea what happened - I'm so disappointed!

Jack

Gary Samples took offence to someone having a joke about his spelling, or rather grammar, and deleted his account.

So Gary, if you're still reading CR, I'd say there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate your pictures, and you're being overly sensitive. Everyone is constantly making spelling/ grammar mistakes, especially when posting from an iOS.

+1000

There are many amazing photogs posting their works here. As a casual hobbyist, I was awestruck by his nature photos. IMHO, he was one of the best of the best. I think he was upset before that grammar comment about something (maybe the trolls and their arguing or other negative posters) and was already jumping ship. Personally, I really enjoyed his photos and his personality. I hope one day he might start posting again. If not, good luck to you Gary. :)
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 14, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Hi Guys,

Jack

+1000

There are many amazing photogs posting their works here. As a casual hobbyist, I was awestruck by his nature photos. IMHO, he was one of the best of the best. I think he was upset before that grammar comment about something (maybe the trolls and their arguing or other negative posters) and was already jumping ship. Personally, I really enjoyed his photos and his personality. I hope one day he might start posting again. If not, good luck to you Gary. :)
+1000 from me too. He took fantastic pictures!

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
Oh no Crapking, you have to do golf too?  It's my least favorite. 
Here's a track one with 300 f/2.8L I IS:
Lovely shot. How far we're you from the athlete?

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 14, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »
Hi Guys,

Jack

+1000

I had wondered of course, and i do remember Gary questioning on one of the threads the value in CR, due I think to the negativity of some Posters, so it will be a real pity should he not continue to Post, his Eagle images have been pretty well close to perfect I feel. But being involved in a Public Forum will always have pros & cons, I feel in this Forum at present the pros outweigh the cons, there are a load of very talented people posting on this site, not just excellent photographers but exceptionally smart technical people as well.

Being an Aussie I believe it's expecvted of me to screw up the Queens Engleesh, both Gramatically & Figuritvellyly, I take no offense at correction & any implied critisismn of my Grammer & spelling is taken on very wide Aussie shoulders,  Please come back Gary, I'm missing your Pets.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 14, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »

Thanks rpt.  I was about 30 yards out.  I couldn't get any closer.  I think I did a poor job of cropping though. 
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #591 on: April 14, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »

RMC33

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 14, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
Eggs in a frame
1Dx and 50 f/1.4

ISO 100 f/4 @1/40

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 14, 2013, 09:56:40 PM »

Thanks rpt.  I was about 30 yards out.  I couldn't get any closer.  I think I did a poor job of cropping though.
I wouldn't say "poor". May be the OOF sand at the bottom and a bit on the left - to get rid of the bright reflection near the left edge - upper middle part of the picture. Unfortunately the cone is in exactly the "wrong" spot. So as he comes down his behind may have an unwanted appendage. Did you get one of him landing? Sand flying would add motion to the picture.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »
Eggs in a frame
1Dx and 50 f/1.4

ISO 100 f/4 @1/40
Lucky for me you posted after I had breakfast. Otherwise I might have eaten my iPad.
 ;)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 14, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
Hi Guys,

Jack

+1000

I had wondered of course, and i do remember Gary questioning on one of the threads the value in CR, due I think to the negativity of some Posters, so it will be a real pity should he not continue to Post, his Eagle images have been pretty well close to perfect I feel. But being involved in a Public Forum will always have pros & cons, I feel in this Forum at present the pros outweigh the cons, there are a load of very talented people posting on this site, not just excellent photographers but exceptionally smart technical people as well.

Being an Aussie I believe it's expecvted of me to screw up the Queens Engleesh, both Gramatically & Figuritvellyly, I take no offense at correction & any implied critisismn of my Grammer & spelling is taken on very wide Aussie shoulders,  Please come back Gary, I'm missing your Pets.
When he said he was going I somehow thought he was hanging up his "Gone fishing" sign. I did not think he was going away! I hope he comes back! His pictures were fantastic!

gary samples

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 14, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »
1Dx
Sorry Guys
 I will try to be more careful where I walk  and stay out of the back alleys here in Troll Valley. 
for more shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/garys_utah_pixs/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:52:51 PM by gary samples »

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »
Welcome back Garry :-)

I had a similar reaction to yours over some posters here, but like you (I think) realise that there are lots of cool people here too.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #597 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 15, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
1Dx
Sorry Guys
 I will try to be more careful where I walk  and stay out of the back alleys here in Troll Valley. 
for more shots http://www.flickr.com/photos/garys_utah_pixs/

Yay, Gary's back with the Pets. And as usual, great Shot, This is so hard to do, Cat full flight, sharp, I've only ever had 2 Leopard opportunities for this, dicked both attempts, so well done.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Schultzie

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #599 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
From The Chicago Botanic Gardens.

1DX
100 f/2.8 L Macro @ f/8
ISO 100

Orchids by SauceyJack, on Flickr