December 22, 2014, 05:06:50 PM

Author Topic: Any Thing shot with a 1Dx  (Read 516975 times)

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Any Thing shot with a 1Dx
« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »
a little more hockey...1dx w/ 70-200 2.8ii
really shouldn't stand on the ice  lol

lol...at least his CF card survived ;D
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #481 on: March 14, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
1Dx  600mm 
when I turned my camera to shoot in portrait mode he turned his  head to match
Haha! Thats awesome, you should submit that somewhere.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #482 on: March 14, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
1Dx
600mm f/5.0 1/1600 iso 400 case 1
they call me the bird man LOL /eagle-maniac ;D
all the eagles were shot in 4 mornings 90%was shot out my truck window with tripod using it as a blind

Man bald eagles have no love for each other do they? You have so many beautiful shots! Are you in Michigan because they are making a comeback here. I love their bald eagle caw sound.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Alex

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 14, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
1Dx 600mm f/4 Mk2

Jan van Holten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • www.natuurfotografiejan.nl
« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »
Togheter with two others just returned from a trip to Kamtsjatka, Russia. The Russian touroperator told us that is was the first time that people from Europe came to the place to photograph the Stellers Sea-Eagle. I now understand why, the place is very inaccessible because there are hardly any roads. The meter of snow and the weather determines whether one anyway eagles sees. One week of stay also yielded two earthquakes and two heavy snowstorms. But fortunatly the Ural truck did it's job, what a hell of a truck. Unstoppable.

tombu

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »
^2nd picture, "I'm fabulous"  ;D

Northstar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »
Togheter with two others just returned from a trip to Kamtsjatka, Russia. The Russian touroperator told us that is was the first time that people from Europe came to the place to photograph the Stellers Sea-Eagle. I now understand why, the place is very inaccessible because there are hardly any roads. The meter of snow and the weather determines whether one anyway eagles sees. One week of stay also yielded two earthquakes and two heavy snowstorms. But fortunatly the Ural truck did it's job, what a hell of a truck. Unstoppable.

excellent stuff jan....very nice
Sport Shooter

1dX and 5d3... 24-70 2.8ii, 70-200 2.8ii, 1.4xiii and 2xiii, 85, 40mm, 300 2.8L IS....430ex

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:44 PM »

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 15, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »
NCAA Tournament:
1DX, 70-200 f/2.8L II IS, 1/500, f/2.8, ISO 5000
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »

Wow! What an experience to have. How did your equipment hold up and what did you use to protect it? It looks very cold....

Love the seal shot, it looks like it is actually posing for the camera while pretending to be put off! The eagle shot is great too.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:34:47 AM by expatinasia »
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

Jan van Holten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2013, 05:28:42 AM »

Wow! What an experience to have. How did your equipment hold up and what did you use to protect it? It looks very cold....

Love the seal shot, it looks like it is actually posing for the camera while pretending to be put off! The eagle shot is great too.

My equipment had no problems at all. I've used a 1DX for most of the time and it worked flawlessly. I did not protect it although I brought a plastic cover with me to keep the direct wind of the camera. Also, when going outside we had no problems with the camera concerning cover. On the first day of the snowstorm the temperature was about minus 12 degrees Celsius en a windforce of 8 to 9 Beaufort. Visibility was sometimes not more dan 15 metres. The truck on the picture drove into a wall of 1.5 metres of snow because of that poor visibility. With some help it got loose and instead of choosing another route the driver just send the truck over de snow-wall. Only with a bit more care.
Altogheter, because of the circumstances I did not manage to get the Eagle shots I was hoping for ( low angle ). Photographing wildlife on the southern part of Kamtsjatka during winter demands to make it a longer project, but is a great adventure.  My other camera, a 1Dmark4 also worked well. Alle lenses used are L-lenses.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 17, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Wayne State U vs University Wisconsin Parkside, Women's Division II NCAA Regionals:
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2013, 08:19:08 PM »
My equipment had no problems at all. I've used a 1DX for most of the time and it worked flawlessly. I did not protect it although I brought a plastic cover with me to keep the direct wind of the camera. Also, when going outside we had no problems with the camera concerning cover. On the first day of the snowstorm the temperature was about minus 12 degrees Celsius en a windforce of 8 to 9 Beaufort. Visibility was sometimes not more dan 15 metres. The truck on the picture drove into a wall of 1.5 metres of snow because of that poor visibility. With some help it got loose and instead of choosing another route the driver just send the truck over de snow-wall. Only with a bit more care.
Altogheter, because of the circumstances I did not manage to get the Eagle shots I was hoping for ( low angle ). Photographing wildlife on the southern part of Kamtsjatka during winter demands to make it a longer project, but is a great adventure.  My other camera, a 1Dmark4 also worked well. Alle lenses used are L-lenses.

Sounds like an amazing experience. Being so remote like that and seeing such pristine landscapes must be awesome. How long were you there for?

I have often thought of going to Antarctica, Alaska, even parts of Iceland and outlying islands of New Zealand. So much to do, so little time....  :)

Jan van Holten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 18, 2013, 04:24:25 AM »

Sounds like an amazing experience. Being so remote like that and seeing such pristine landscapes must be awesome. How long were you there for?

I have often thought of going to Antarctica, Alaska, even parts of Iceland and outlying islands of New Zealand. So much to do, so little time....  :)

Hello,

The whole trip was only ten days of wich five days were spend traveling to Kamtsjatka or driving to the westcoast of the peninsula and back. If you want to travel to an arctic destination, it's quite easy to arrange it yourself or otherwise book a phototrip. There are plenty of these organised trips wich specializes on wildlife photography.
When you ae interested in going to a real remote destination, I have a contact in Russia ( touroperator ) wich ofers a trip to the Lena Delta. You will find there for example a Ross Gull colony. The accomodation that is available for us is very primitive and you spend a whole days sailing by boat to the iland. The whole comfort is very poor, but you stay in a remote place with a Ross Gull colony a 100 metres away.  The landscape is just flat, it's a delta. Renting a helicopter is very pricey nowaydays. A group of four is the maximum.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #492 on: March 18, 2013, 04:24:25 AM »

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 18, 2013, 05:15:46 AM »
Thank you for the info and for sharing, Jan van Holten.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
1Dx
600mm f/9.0 1/1000 iso 400 case 1

Wow, that's quite a moment you caught there, Gary! Congrats.

Do you know if it is the males fighting or the females, and are they normally so aggressive, or is it because there are young ones around?

Thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »