February 20, 2017, 03:56:42 AM

Author Topic: Flowers and other Flora  (Read 242184 times)

lion rock

• 5DSR
Re: Flowers and other Flora
« Reply #1710 on: February 14, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »
npdien,
the white rose photo is beautiful!
-r

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #1710 on: February 14, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »

Click

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
« Reply #1711 on: February 14, 2017, 06:19:57 AM »
npdien,
-r

+1

Nicely done, ndpdien.

npdien

• Canon 6D
« Reply #1712 on: February 15, 2017, 08:34:57 AM »
npdien,
-r

+1

Nicely done, ndpdien.
Thanks, Click and Lion Rock.

lion rock

• 5DSR
« Reply #1713 on: February 15, 2017, 08:54:01 AM »
npdien,
Lovely photos of lovely flowers.  You must live in a subtropical/tropical region to enjoy these flowers this time of the year, assuming the shots were done recently.  Do shoot more and post!
-r

Click

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
« Reply #1714 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »
Nice picture. Well done, npdien.  :)

npdien

• Canon 6D
« Reply #1715 on: February 17, 2017, 11:21:38 PM »
npdien,
Lovely photos of lovely flowers.  You must live in a subtropical/tropical region to enjoy these flowers this time of the year, assuming the shots were done recently.  Do shoot more and post!
-r

Nice picture. Well done, npdien.  :)

Thanks, Lion Rock and Click. Sorry for delay in response to your messages as the communist totalitarian government here blocks the Internet as they feels paranoid as to protesters marching to present compensation claims against a China-funded steel plant over a toxic spill last year or paying homage to the martyrs who sacrificed their lives while fighting against Chinese invaders decades ago.

I am from Saigon, Vietnam, which is a tropical country. There are two distinguishable seasons in the southern areas like Saigon. The dry season occurs from November to April and the wet season from May to October. We have a considerable amount of sun, a high rate of rainfall, and high humidity that makes me often feel bloody hot and quite uncomfortable unless there is an air-con around.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:36:43 PM by npdien »

hbr

• Rebel SL1
« Reply #1716 on: February 18, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »

Thanks, Lion Rock and Click. Sorry for delay in response to your messages as the communist totalitarian government here blocks the Internet as they feels paranoid as to protesters marching to present compensation claims against a China-funded steel plant over a toxic spill last year or paying homage to the martyrs who sacrificed their lives while fighting against Chinese invaders decades ago.

I am from Saigon, Vietnam, which is a tropical country. There are two distinguishable seasons in the southern areas like Saigon. The dry season occurs from November to April and the wet season from May to October. We have a considerable amount of sun, a high rate of rainfall, and high humidity that makes me often feel bloody hot and quite uncomfortable unless there is an air-con around.

Hi npdien,

I have been to Saigon many times and yes the heat and humidity are unbearable. And the beer only makes you sweat more. Vietnam is a very beautiful country and I hope you can post some photos of your country.

Brian

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #1716 on: February 18, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »

lion rock

• 5DSR
« Reply #1717 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:16 AM »
npdien,
We visited Hanoi and Sapa about 4 years ago in December for about 2 weeks.
The city was still quite full of old town feel, very cozy and comfortable.  Of course, as tourist with limited time there, we couldn't see everything.  We went to less touristy locations, had local cuisines (street foods, which I still long for) as well as a fancy French restaurant.
We took a trip to Halong Bay boat ride, very pleasant and enjoyable.  The scenery was, of course, both fascinating and serene.
Then an overnight train ride to Sapa and hiked up to visit the local tribes.  Stayed at "home stay," and of course tried the local food.  Wonderful.
Of the people in those places, though there was no way to know all the people, those that we met, hosted (hotels and Halong) and guided us (Sapa) were REALLY VERY friendly.  They went out of their way to cater to us, I didn't think they expected gratuity from us because all were given us without us asking!!!  Love them.
The locals ladies from Sapa tried to sell us their embroideries and local products, but they never tried to do in the face selling.  Patiently, they walked with us, even guided/assisted us with steep inclines.  Never really asked us to buy, until we were fed and rested did they started showing their wares.  No where else are "merchants" so patient.
We will visit again, I'm thinking of the central coastal area of Vietnam, and soon, before too many tourists show up.  May be within 3 years.
Do show photos of your area.
-r

fentiger

• Canon AE-1
« Reply #1718 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »
taken today, looks like spring will be here soon

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #1718 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »