October 22, 2014, 08:10:18 PM

Author Topic: A Bit of Mirrorless Informaton [CR3]  (Read 18236 times)

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
Re: A Bit of Mirrorless Informaton [CR3]
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

About the optical viewfinder: Not only kidding - I have a 35/70mm optical viewfinder and used it on my 20D (with a 8000x gray filter) and for fun. It is an interesting way to "compose" images. Just have to find out where I have stowed it away.

If you die-die must have a viewfinder, there are ready made solutions on the market for those who have used it for video:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Retail-270-VARAVON-Optical-Viewfinder-Loupe-UNI-for-universal-DSLR-/230757836847?pt=US_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item35ba3d282f

There are of course cheaper versions as well as more expensive ones depending on your preference.  In fact, for fine focusing of larger aperture manual lenses, using this in conjunction with liveView beats any focusing screen.

I have a similar thing and have to say, that it's quite a good solution. The main problem with it is, that it becomes dimmed by water vapour very quickly. It's almost impossible to use it outdoor in winter and because of steam becomes useless much quicker than the viewfinder.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

alfeel

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
I just got my fuji x10 back from having the sensor replaced after an epic fight with them
and its even worse now the on off is flakey and at iso 100 DR400 and M mode the noise looks more like iso 6400

gonna have to take it back next week AGAIN

I dont think i'll buy anything from FUJI again in a hurry i dont care how good it looks on paper or a graph

correct me if i'm wrong but with dr400, you can't set the iso to the value of 100.. so, I don't know what ur talking about :) btw, I don't know the x10, but the x-pro1 is at par with my 5DII (except for the fast lenses)

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »
Here is leaked photos of Canon mirrorless

EF-M mount,22mm STM lens

The front element looks way too small for a  retro-focus 22mm lens. The length of the lens is thicker than the body. assuming the body is about 22mm ( body thickness of NEX). Therefore the 22mm must be a retro-focus lens.  Also if the body thickness is 22mm, then the lens mount looks like is about 80mm. That is a lot bigger than the EF mount (65 mm).  Also the lens says EF_M. This term is created by one of our poster. Does he really have a ESP??? I think some one created the picture. I do not believe it is the real thing.
The name Mr. Pink sound too close to MR. Plank

Err.. the outer diameter (filter size) is only 43mm.  It says so.  Nowhere near 80mm  This is a lot smaller than an EF lens.

Thats not the outer diameter, thats the filter thread size, which is the inner diameter of the depressed area around the front lens element. The filter thread size has nothing to do with the lens mount size, and therefor has nothing to do with the size of the sensor. I have a hard time believing they would call the lens EF-M, and not use the same bayonet mount as all other EF based lenses.

BTW, the EF bayonet mount itself is 54mm in diameter, not 80mm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »