November 24, 2014, 12:58:10 PM

Author Topic: first pic of canon mirrorless?  (Read 58324 times)

seta666

Re: first pic of canon mirrorless?
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
If that new lens is real, you'll be happy to have another macro lens option! I wonder if what the Maximum Magnification ratio is?
That lens is not macro, it just says minimum focusing distance; magnification will be 1:5 or less

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »

dadgummit

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon FT-QL
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
This is the camera that the Canon community has been holding their breath for?

Not holding my breath but it would be nice to have a nice light + compact camera to take with me and the family at the fair/ theme parks etc that can double as a back up body for my large collection of EF lenses.  If I did not already have so much invested in Canon it may not interest me at all given the other excellent cameras already available in this segment. 

crasher8

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »
hotshoe no popup? fake.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:01 AM »
Like the fake olympus PEN?

Gman

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
Hmm, Canon's answer to the Oly OMD EM5?
Of course that's an image knocked up in Photoshop or Illustrator from the snapshots seen below it, well done too. Low res shots possibly real and taken with spy specs hence low res and poor quality.

Very tempting especially if they have kept to a Gxx type swivel screen. If they have then I'll have one despite the need to carry a small zoom in my bag as well. If they the swivel screen then it's possibly the death knell for the G series, if not then maybe we'll still see a G12 successor at Photokina??? Mind you if it's the same price as the Oly OMD then it's gonna work out expensive if one has to buy a zoom as well, whereas at least the Oly kit comes with a 17 - 100mm zoom for 1300€. Decisions, decisions!
Like has already been said it's going to be a long weekend.

mattbru

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:37 AM »
WOW, finally a Canon lens cap WITH additional inner grips ... like Nikon and almost evryone else has them for decades. Wonder, whether it will be included with the lens or an optional item like lens hoods ...  :P

THIS is the biggest news for me.  Yay for logical design.

MK5GTI

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »
i have a feeling that Canon will also introduce another body with this on monday, just like Nikon did with their 1 series.

the upper right thing, could it be possibly a LED flash?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »

Rick Massie

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 11:08:09 AM »
If that new lens is real, you'll be happy to have another macro lens option! I wonder if what the Maximum Magnification ratio is?
That lens is not macro, it just says minimum focusing distance; magnification will be 1:5 or less

Oops, guess I was reading too much into the word "Macro" on the lens, haha. I was hoping that meant at least 1:2. Oh well.

Caps18

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
It looks like what I would have expected.  I like the look, and wish the G1X would be similar. (no viewfinder, thinner, but with a little flash)

I also wonder why the lens glass isn't bigger to let in more light...  I don't care about weight, but size and speed are two big ones.
5D mark 2, 16-35mm f/2.8, 17mm TS-E f/4, 85mm f/1.8, 300mm f/4 + 1.4x, 580 EX Flash

leonedolci

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:16 AM »
the overall design and finish looks not so expensive. I see that as a good news. Too much premium hype on these small cameras. Like Olympus EM5, the price is ridiculous.

I hope this will be the 650D sensor, 18MP, APS, enough for me. Throw in a decent attachable EVF and a couple of usable zoom, i'm sold.

I desperately need a light camera for hiking around. FF sensor in 5D2 is great, but the lenses are killing my shoulders.

PS. pls don't make all those 0.95 non-sense lens. I am buying into these light cameras for the form factor and light weight. Primes good @ F2, zooms good @ F4, enough.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
hear hear.

My only reservation is that the rear pic looks more like my girlfriends ixus!

If a g powershot can be laid out like an EOS, then why not the mirrorless?  Maybe there will be one aimed at powershot level users and one aimed at enthusiasts.

I can't see there being an M9 beater in the pipeline for some reason....

Lee Jay

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2012, 11:37:06 AM »
WOW, finally a Canon lens cap WITH additional inner grips ... like Nikon and almost evryone else has them for decades. Wonder, whether it will be included with the lens or an optional item like lens hoods ...  :P

THIS is the biggest news for me.  Yay for logical design.

I absolutely hate center-pinch lens caps.

EOBeav

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Landscape Photoblog
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
I can't see there being an M9 beater in the pipeline for some reason....

Ha, you mean you don't think we'll see a monochrome-only version of this camera any time soon? :-)
In landscape photography, when you shoot is more important than where.

Gear: Canon 5DmkII, 17-40mm f/4 L, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/4.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Good point.  Or a 40k safari version...

I don't know if the folk who want a compact interchangable EF compatable camera with a larger sensor are having a laugh to themselves or not.

They would seem to be mutually exclusive objectives.

Anyway, I half to three quarters suspect that a lot of the folk buying leicas aren't really primarily motivated by photographic ends.   I have a quartz Tag Heuer and a chrono Omega.  The Omega isn't anywhere as reliably accurate as the Tag, which is also far easier to live with in other ways.   But I didn't really buy the Omega just to tell me the time...

Phenix205

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
It'd better have good video features. It'd be interesting to see how it looks like when a huge L lens is mounted with an adapter. The camera itself is definitely not among the best looking ones on the market. Maybe the "pro" version will look better.
5D3 | M | 1v
70-200 II | 24-70 II | 16-35 IS | 100 L | 85L II | 40 | 600EX-RT

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »