December 19, 2014, 08:56:55 PM

Author Topic: first pic of canon mirrorless?  (Read 59149 times)

getalife

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: first pic of canon mirrorless?
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
The lens cap is where the spotlight is on.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »

JBL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »
Some more photos care of www.canonpricewatch.com

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:29:42 PM by JBL »

maxxevv

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
Interesting, from these picts, seems to be a pretty compact setup.  Barely 80mm in height... ?

Flake

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
My take on this is that it's a very strange animal.  Camera strap lugs the like of which I've never seen on a Canon camera, they've always been the type which the strap threads through, they are on the G series, and they are on the EOS DSLRs I'm suspicious of this because it's nothing like previous models.

The sensor looks tiny, I hope Canon haven't tried to copy Nikons failed V1 camera or they'll find themselves in the same boat, the G1X will kill this camera dead if the sensor is smaller and the price is anything like similar.

I'm suspicious of the very blurry shot of the rear of the camera there are only three buttons surrounding the control dials, on the G series there are four.  There's no 'review' button at all, and no direct print button which for some reason Canon seems to be in love with.  No PASM dial, there is a dial, but with no markings that would have to be the aperture dial? 
Worst of all though, where is the power button? All the G series have the on/off behind the shutter release, how would this camera turn on & off without it?
Then there's the blue print on the button & the control wheel, this is not present on current G series, although it is printed on the body for erase and skip functions. The 'Canon' logo at the bottom of the screen also fades to blue.
Take a look at the symbols on the control wheel, although this at a casual glance appears to be a standard dial as used on powershots they are not the same the centre should read 'func.' above 'set'. Left side is a flower symbol above 'MF', left is a lightning flash, top is ISO, bottom 'disp'.  There are slight variations but this image looks nothing like those.

Take a look at the hotshoe, there is only one pin in the centre, where are the other four surrounding pins? The stop lug on the right side is present, but the left one is not

For those reasons I don't believe this is a genuine image of a camera to come.  I hope it's not genuine! I don't want it to be genuine, I had been hoping this would be a kind of bridge between the high end G series and the EOS range, not this!

I believe that this image is a photoshop job using a Canon S100 as the base, this would explain the button layout, and the messing about with the shutter release area has removed the PASM dial, and the power switch.  The Canon logo is in exactly the same place, and the 'EOS' logo where the 'S100' should be.  Every EOS camera carries the model number with it, 'EOS600D' none of them have EOS in isolation.

I'm calling it a fake!

Gothmoth

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
what a boring looking little camera.

after all this time i hoped canon would impress me.  ::)
and i don´t speak about the look only... i could live with the design.
but no electronic viewfinder? come on canon.  >:(

Quote from: flake
Take a look at the hotshoe, there is only one pin in the centre, where are the other four surrounding pins? The stop lug on the right side is present, but the left one is not

clean your glasses.
it seems to have 2 contacts more then a normal hotshoe.
hope for an EVF?

For those reasons I don't believe this is a genuine image of a camera to come.  !

it is genuine.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:44:39 PM by Gothmoth »

adhocphotographer

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • An ad hoc photographer
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
I'm interested, let see what the details specs are! :)
5D MkIII & 100D
17-40L, 24L II, 24-105L, 70-200L, 500L II
-------www.adhocphotographer.com--------

infared

• 1D Mark IV
  • Kodak Brownie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
Design by Committee :-(
5D Mark III, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E, Canon 16-35mm f/4L IS, 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss, Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 Sigma Art, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro,70-200mm f/2.8L IS II...1.4x converter III, and some other stuff.....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
looks ugly

I agree. This camera is hideously fugly!
After years of sitting on the sidelines watching the mirrorless camera market develop, this is the best that Canon's design dept. could come up with to make their grand entry?!

Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

Flake

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:01 PM »

clean your glasses.

They're not contacts, they're crosshead screws, a design I can't find on my cameras.  I can't believe that they'd redesign the hotshoe just for one camera!

BTW those images came in before I pressed send so the clean your glasses comment is a bit silly!

Gothmoth

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2012, 12:50:09 PM »

clean your glasses.

They're not contacts, they're crosshead screws, a design I can't find on my cameras.  I can't believe that they'd redesign the hotshoe just for one camera!

BTW those images came in before I pressed send so the clean your glasses comment is a bit silly!

first you did not see the 4 contacts at all but now you see that the two big ones are screws?  ;)
you suprise me.. you must have had pretty dirty glasses.... lol

but yes it could be screws (could be contacts) .. thougth i have not seen screws there before.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:52:25 PM by Gothmoth »

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
WOW, finally a Canon lens cap WITH additional inner grips ... like Nikon and almost evryone else has them for decades. Wonder, whether it will be included with the lens or an optional item like lens hoods ...  :P

I think that's the most interesting part of the leaked photos!

Gothmoth

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
The sources also told us that the first camera feels a bit cheap in your hands. And according to them it’s not a m43 killer camera. Quite the opposite. The NEX cameras are still better in doing competition to m43 cameras. Overalla Nikon and Canon had a very cautious way of entering the mirrorless world. One more thing: A more advanced Canon (and Nikon) camera will arrive in a few months only.

http://www.43rumors.com/

bah....  :(

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF-M

Why would canon reuse an old part number?

My exact though when I saw the home page here. It looks like a nice camera; Canon must keep the price in check, the current G series camera's price is too high for what it is. If this new camera with a basic prime is reasonably priced, I'll pick one up as an EDC. 
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

Gothmoth

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »
My exact though when I saw the home page here. It looks like a nice camera; Canon must keep the price in check, the current G series camera's price is too high for what it is. If this new camera with a basic prime is reasonably priced, I'll pick one up as an EDC.

looking at canons latest releases... i would not BET on that.

dickgrafixstop

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
The Canon Camel of Design has struck again?  Tell me again why I would want one of these things - or better
yet, why would I want one of these rather than even the cheapest Rebel?  A mad desire to buy new lenses?
A use for my old speedlite?  An excuse to get bigger pockets on my field jacket?  If this is truely "the answer",
then I don't understand the question.  Hello Fuji!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »