September 02, 2014, 11:14:13 AM

Author Topic: Canon 1DX in stock, 7/20/12  (Read 4654 times)

MarkWebbPhoto

Canon 1DX in stock, 7/20/12
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
Hey everyone, I wasn't one of those folks who pre-ordered the 1DX and decided just to wait it out and see if there are any bugs or anything before I committed myself to the 1DX. Being an early adopter can be a pain sometimes. After hearing lots of positive feedback and info on only a few minor bugs I decided it was time to buy. But everyone has been pre-ordering this camera since March so how the heck was I supposed to get one in the next couple of months?

As it turns out, a friend of mine sent me a message to let me know that Murphy's Camera in Lexington, KY had filled all of their pre-orders and have 4 in stock! Well, they had 4 but I bought one but there are still 3 left!

You can contact Don Barker at 859-255-1013 to see if you can snag one of these amazing cameras. I opted to drive 2 hours to pick mine up so I could have it for a wedding this weekend but of course they will ship it to you.

I'll be working on my review and maybe even post a few tonight.

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 1DX in stock, 7/20/12
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

chrysek

Re: Canon 1DX in stock, 7/20/12
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »
Hey everyone, I wasn't one of those folks who pre-ordered the 1DX and decided just to wait it out and see if there are any bugs or anything before I committed myself to the 1DX. Being an early adopter can be a pain sometimes. After hearing lots of positive feedback and info on only a few minor bugs I decided it was time to buy. But everyone has been pre-ordering this camera since March so how the heck was I supposed to get one in the next couple of months?

As it turns out, a friend of mine sent me a message to let me know that Murphy's Camera in Lexington, KY had filled all of their pre-orders and have 4 in stock! Well, they had 4 but I bought one but there are still 3 left!

You can contact Don Barker at 859-255-1013 to see if you can snag one of these amazing cameras. I opted to drive 2 hours to pick mine up so I could have it for a wedding this weekend but of course they will ship it to you.

I'll be working on my review and maybe even post a few tonight.

Awesome, called today and was able to place order, they had two units this morning, this is sick, Abes of Maine took my money 3/16/2012, everyone got this camera already and they did not even get a single unit, they dont even have any eta on when they might be getting it. I am flying to europe on Thursday so I was begging them to just get answer from canon yes or no before my trip, so when you posted I was so excited, but when they said they have two units I was in heaven :))))) so many thanks for this tip :))))))) you da best!!!! I also did preorder 24-70mm, so just very very happy camper now.

chrysek

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
I wanted to thank you again, I have tracking number now and my 1Dx will be arivung tomorrow. Canceled my preorder with Abes of Maine since they still dont have firm date as when they will be getting their first shippment. :( dont get this, paid in full in march, here I was luckly able to call on Saturday and have 1Dx before my european trip on Thursday that I am going.

Many thanks again for posting :)))) you made my day and trip very happy

haring

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »
Hey!
Does it come with US warranty? Is the store a Canon Authorized dealer?
Thanks!

haring

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
tallyns.com no longer has it in stock...

chrysek

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 04:26:14 AM »
tallyns.com no longer has it in stock...

Yes, before I did place my order I did check with canon website, they have pdf file with all authorized dealers and they did show on that list. Also yest, its US warranty with it.

chrysek

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
Cool, my camera arrived today, so happy, amazing 1DX :) thanks so much for posting this store info that they had it in stock. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

rotation360

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
You are one true gentleman.
Ordered mine from Murphys this afternoon  ;D
God bless you bud.

hawaiisunsetphoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 01:45:31 AM »
Ordered a 1Dx from Kenmore Camera yesterday... it arrives tomorrow!   :)
1Dx, 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 17-55mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8L II, 24-105mm f/4L, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 85mm f/1.2L II, 100mm f/2.8L IS, 135mm f/2.0L, 200mm f/2L, 1.4x III, 2x III, 600EX RT (3), Einstein, Sony RX100 with Nauticam housing

MarkWebbPhoto

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:04 AM »
No prob guys, hope you are enjoying it as much as I am! I shot several thousand photos already and I am definitely impressed with every aspect of this camera. I even decided to quit using the 5DII in the studio because I find this camera to be so much faster and 18 megapixels is good enough, even for the billboard I shot for today.

Maxis Gamez

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Bird Photography
    • View Profile
    • Bird Photography in Florida
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »
Hey everyone, I wasn't one of those folks who pre-ordered the 1DX and decided just to wait it out and see if there are any bugs or anything before I committed myself to the 1DX.

Mark,

There is nothing to worry about with the 1DX. I'm convinced that the one I used in Feb was a fully functional production version but Canon didn't want everyone to know.

You will love it for what you do!

Good luck!

mccallew

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »
Just got a call from Calumet in Cambridge, MA that they have one 1DX in stock. I already got mine, so if you're looking...

MarkWebbPhoto

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
Hey everyone, I wasn't one of those folks who pre-ordered the 1DX and decided just to wait it out and see if there are any bugs or anything before I committed myself to the 1DX.

Mark,

There is nothing to worry about with the 1DX. I'm convinced that the one I used in Feb was a fully functional production version but Canon didn't want everyone to know.

Good luck!

Hey Maxis, good to see you on the forum haha. I am actually one of the few who is getting Error 80 with my 1DX. I started seeing the error shortly after setting the camera up. The camera locks up and says to turn off the camera and re-insert the battery. I use Sandisk Extreme Pro cards and have seen the issue more often with the 85mm f/1.2L II but this is the lens that stays on my camera the most so it is probably not related. I have also tried multiple batteries. I'm chatting with CPS and others to see if we can isolate the problem.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1208443

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »

rotation360

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »
Bump!
Just recieved the shipment from the Big Brown Truck and battery is getting charged right now  ;D

Also, a BIG SURPRISE for all the Adorama customers with pre-orders:
I made my pre-order with Adorama for an EOS1Dx on June 14th, 2012. Judging by how things were tracking with B&H et al; I was of the opinion that I'd be lucky if I get it by November/December HOWEVER to my great surprise, rather shock, I just got a call from Adorama saying my camera has arrived and whether or not I still want it. Having just recieved the shipment from Murphy's Camera in Lexington, Kentucky (Thankyou Markwebbphoto) I passed the opportunity however couldn't help myself but think Adorama must have recieved a seriously large shipment to have covered my order of June 14th, 2012 in it!!!

chrysek

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »

Mark,

Good luck!

Hey Maxis, good to see you on the forum haha. I am actually one of the few who is getting Error 80 with my 1DX. I started seeing the error shortly after setting the camera up. The camera locks up and says to turn off the camera and re-insert the battery. I use Sandisk Extreme Pro cards and have seen the issue more often with the 85mm f/1.2L II but this is the lens that stays on my camera the most so it is probably not related. I have also tried multiple batteries. I'm chatting with CPS and others to see if we can isolate the problem.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1208443

I am getting Err 01 with 24-105 lens attached to it for some reason. :((( need to turn off the camera to make it working again. Sucks because that lens working fine with my 5d mark ii and even with old rebel, just refusing to work with my new 1dx :(((

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »