September 19, 2014, 03:49:42 AM

Author Topic: Best Photo Printer??  (Read 839 times)

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Best Photo Printer??
« on: July 20, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I did a quick research into the different photo printers in the market and am still undecided. Had a look at the the pixma pro-1 and epson 3880.. Was wondering what you guys would recommend. It will be used for both colour and b&w, landscapes, portraits and macro.

Has anyone got advice on a "maybe cheaper" alternative that can do the job?

canon rumors FORUM

Best Photo Printer??
« on: July 20, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Best Photo Printer??
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »
How often do you plan to use it?  Inkjets clog quickly, and the cost of ink to do the cleaning can be exquisite.  I have a Epson 3880, and it will go about 1 or maybe 2 days before my Dark Magenta head starts to clog.  I ended up buying a jon cone third party inkset to cut the high cost.  $500 for a set of OEM inks only to pump it through and into the waste tray gets expensive.
There are third party ink suppliers for Canon as well, so factor that into the cost.

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »
How often do you plan to use it?  Inkjets clog quickly, and the cost of ink to do the cleaning can be exquisite.  I have a Epson 3880, and it will go about 1 or maybe 2 days before my Dark Magenta head starts to clog.  I ended up buying a jon cone third party inkset to cut the high cost.  $500 for a set of OEM inks only to pump it through and into the waste tray gets expensive.
There are third party ink suppliers for Canon as well, so factor that into the cost.

Yeah that thought was lurking in the back on my mind. I tend to travel alot; and as much as I'd like to say
"I'll use it quite often!Maybe 3 to 5 times a week". Knowing how I'm always out of the country, that's going to be practically impossible.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »