Gear Talk > Technical Support

M42 Lenses

(1/3) > >>

sandymandy:
Hi there,

i can get some used m42 lenses for cheap and i wanna use them with my eos 1100D. Ive seen some adpaters but im a bit worried if they gonna scratch my camera mirror or some other bad stuff might happen.

Any good m42 to eos adapters you people can recommend? Ive seen some with AF electronics on them?!

Plus it will be manual focussing only i guess, so if yall have some good hints for me how to manual focus in a more efficient way. Ive read about focussing screen replacements, but i think that will kinda suck if i wanna go back to using AF isnt it?

thanks laew

steliosk:
get a cheap adapter with AF confirm from e-bay!

I use both M42 and M39 with no problems

The AF confirm chip lets you know if you focused right while pressing halfway the shot button.
you'll have to press it constantly and then focus manual until you hear the beep and the focus point become red.

Ryan708:
I have not used any non EOS lenses on my rig. What is the body you are using? some have very readily available focusing screens. The focusing screens used for manual focusing still work fine for autofocus, they just tend to be darker looking through the viewfinder. The screens used to help with manual focus make the sections out of focus look blurrier in the viewfinder, so you can more easily tell what is in focus. hope this helps!

sandymandy:
ive seen some adapters that have a pin for pushing in another pin on the old lenses. whats that exactly for? any disadvantages?

akiskev:

--- Quote from: steliosk on July 21, 2012, 08:24:59 AM ---get a cheap adapter with AF confirm from e-bay!

I use both M42 and M39 with no problems

The AF confirm chip lets you know if you focused right while pressing halfway the shot button.
you'll have to press it constantly and then focus manual until you hear the beep and the focus point become red.

--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version