April 19, 2014, 02:38:19 PM

Author Topic: Hands-on Video of the Canon EOS M (Italy)  (Read 4244 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Hands-on Video of the Canon EOS M (Italy)
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

From Italy

Here’s a video in Italian showing the Canon EOS M.

Lots of fun colors to choose from! I do like the red camera, but I’ll probably buy a black one. I’m boring that way.

I don’t speak Italian, so I cannot translate this video.

Thanks Craig (a different Craig)

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Hands-on Video of the Canon EOS M (Italy)
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »

jarv

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Hands-on Video of the Canon EOS M (Italy)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »
Well at least they displayed the EOS mount.

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
What no pink?! +1 for Nikon
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

infared

• 5D Mark III
  • Kodak Brownie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:26 PM »
I have a 5D MARKIII kit and an extensive MFT kit. Is it just me? I have no interest in the Canon M at all. It's just a point & shoot..with no viewfinder. I certainly do not see myself putting big L glass on this little plastic thing chimping behind the LCD.  I was really hoping for a much more exciting mirrorless than this.
One thing it is good at is making me really happy about the cameras that I have chosen to purchase! :-)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:47:18 PM by infared »
5D Mark III, Canon 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, Canon 17mm f/4L TS-E, Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II, 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss, Sigma 35mm f/1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8 II, 50mm f/1.4 Sigma, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro,70-200mm f/2.8L IS II...1.4x converter III, and some other stuff.....

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
Tastino0 where are you when we need you!
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

mjbehnke

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
I was looking at the Sony Rx100, But I like the Aps-C. Should produce a great quality photo over the 1 inch sensor on the Sony, as I do blow my photos up for printing to Medium poster size prints for the work I do. Great to see Canon releasing the EF adaptor at the same time... They are smart doing that. If the price is right and the IQ is good, I'll get one as a cool little backup.... And I would have wanted Pink too! LOL
Gripped Canon 60D \ EF-S 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM \ EF 70-200 F4L IS USM \ 430ex II Speedlite \ Love for photography.

drmikeinpdx

• EOS M2
  • Photographing stuff for over 40 years!
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Boudoir Photo
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
It's good to see the new camera in someone's hands so that I can get an idea of the size.  It's fairly large isn't it.   I thought the mirrorless idea sounded cool and modern, but now that I actually see the camera in use, I don't see that it offers any advantage over an 18 megapixel Rebel. 

It will be interesting to see what the reviewers say about the autofocus system.  That's a weak point on the Rebels, in my opinion.

I didn't catch the price.  Maybe it's cheaper?

I'll stick with my T2i and my S90 for walking around cameras.
Current bodies:  5D3, 7D, 550D, S100
Favorite lenses: 135 f/2.0 L, 85 f/1.8 200 f/2.8 L, 50 f1.4 Sigma, 40mm pancake, 24-105 L.
blog:   http://www.BeyondBoudoirPhoto.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »

alfeel

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »
I'm Italian, nothing important! Specs are confirmed, capacitive LCD you can focus and shoot a photo touching it, 14bit files, the adapter let the user mount every lens of the EOS system, the sensor is the same of the one on the 650D the same can be said about the build quality, it's possible to connect an external mic and the little flash shown can be used as master (nice). The woman ask about a possible viewfinder model and he answer that for now there is no need, we are and he is "a dslr user and he knows there is smth magic about looking into a viewfinder but nowadays people look at their LCDs to took photos, because they wanna look what happens around them" so it's not a camera aimed to pros! And he says that maybe in the future there will be -.-" he talks a lot about the difference between contrast and phase AF! That's it, no mention of the price, good, tomorrow I'll going to buy my first Fuji the X-Pro1, I hoped so badly Canon was going to announce a camera like that aimed to the pro's, too bad, I'll stick to canon with full frame dslr! ;) goodnight! And thanks for the video Canonrumors! :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:26:34 PM by alfeel »

daniemare

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
The camera size (body only) is not too bad. But with that lens and flash system, how is that smaller and more convenient than the 650D?

Now I am not to disappointed with getting my wife the GF3 (Canon had me worried for a while).
Her setup:
- 14-42 Power Zoom
- 20mm F1.7
- and of course, the GF3 has a pop-up flash

Everything goes into the handbag. She really appreciate the additional IQ and flexibility over a P&S.  The P&S never went into her pocket, so this is size wise the same thing.

Now the EOS M, with that lens and flash just seem to big. Missing the point of MY definition of mirrorless
Canon 6D, Canon 24-105 F4L IS, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100 F2.8L IS macro, Canon 50 F1.4, Canon 28 F1.8

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 11:20:45 PM »
I'm Italian, nothing important! Specs are confirmed, capacitive LCD you can focus and shoot a photo touching it, 14bit files, the adapter let the user mount every lens of the EOS system, the sensor is the same of the one on the 650D, it's possible to connect an external mic and the little flash shown can be used as master (nice). The woman ask about a possible viewfinder model and he answer that for now there is no need, we are and he is "a dslr user and he knows there is smth magic about looking into a viewfinder but nowadays people look at their LCDs to took photos, because they wanna look what happens around them" so it's not a camera aimed to pros! And he says that maybe in the future there will be -.-" he talks a lot about the difference between contrast and phase AF! That's it!

Thanks. I thought I heard something about a master flash. Interesting.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

max

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »
yes, they say master flash, not RT, just flash activated... Like the 60D-7D etc...

swrightgfx

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »
The camera size (body only) is not too bad. But with that lens and flash system, how is that smaller and more convenient than the 650D?

I wouldn't necessarily draw a comparison simply between size and convenience. You lose a lot of convenience with the lack of a mirror. They are different devices for different purposes, aimed at different people. I think with some pancakes, an EVF and collapsible zoom akin to the Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 (27mm long when retracted) this would be a compact kit.

I personally wouldn't buy one (and definitely not as a primary shooter), as I'd rather lug around the 5DIII and get 95% of the shots worth keeping having the IQ and FoV I'd want. But, I can certainly see a market and a place for this type of camera. The proof is in the pudding, as I see plenty of people wielding comparable offerings from Sony, Olympus and Panasonic and probably moreso than I do SLRs. It provides a way for people to be introduced to photography and the basics of theory, without getting too bogged down in function and IQ-obsession. The more cameras the better, as far as I am concerned. I don't have to buy all of them. That is, unless the market returned to film, which would leave me constantly buying sensors. :P

arioch82

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • flickr account
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »
Thanks. I thought I heard something about a master flash. Interesting.

yeah she says that you can attach a master flash in order to control other units (i'm italian too)
Canon 5D MkII | EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:02:00 AM »