Better frames per second
11 (11.7%)
More autofocus points
36 (38.3%)
Raw video
12 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: April 13, 2011, 12:43:48 PM

Author Topic: What do you want from the 5D mk III  (Read 139619 times)

lol

• EOS 7D Mark II
    • My dA
Re: What do you want from the 5D mk III
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2011, 07:16:51 AM »
And I DO NOT want dual CF cards.  I want 1 CF and 1 SDHC slot.  In the US, CF are harder and harder to find because most cams come with SD slots.
Tried the SD to CF adapters? Might be worth getting some to try if you think you might want to concentrate on SD going ahead.

I'm finding the availability the opposite here, at least for anything above consumer level throwaway cards. It is still hard to find branded moderate performing (200x or faster) medium-high capacity (8GB+) SD cards, whereas the CF versions are easily available everywhere. The 2GB super-slow ones are everywhere though.
Canon 1D, 300D IR, 450D full spectrum, 600D, 5D2, 7D, 7D2, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2+SF, 70-300L, 100-400L
EF-S 10-18, 15-85, MP-E 65, Zeiss 50/2 macro, Sigma 50A, 150 macro, 120-300/2.8 OS, Samyang 8mm fisheye

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2011, 07:16:51 AM »

Macadameane

• EOS M5
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
I DO NOT want dual CF cards . . . In the US, CF are harder and harder to find because most cams come with SD slots.

CF are hard to find at places like walmart, but then again, so are L lenses.  Shop online, you'll get cheaper deals and find everything you are looking for.

J. McCabe

« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
I've tried a couple of SD to CF adapters. As some have a big performance hit, and some don't, I suggest reading the customer reviews before buying one.

awinphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • AW Photography
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
I DO NOT want dual CF cards . . . In the US, CF are harder and harder to find because most cams come with SD slots.

CF are hard to find at places like walmart, but then again, so are L lenses.  Shop online, you'll get cheaper deals and find everything you are looking for.

I HATE to admit is but I got great deals on new (sealed in packaging) lexar and sandisk udma cf cards on ebay.  I wouldn't recommend getting cheap generics on ebay, but if you can find a NEW, SEALED lexar, sandisk, (other brand name) card, I would go for it...
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L IS, Canon 100L 2.8, Canon 85 1.8, 2 430EX 2's and a partridge in a pear tree.

redeyedfly

« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2011, 11:37:48 AM »
I would like more autofocus points, but mainly more Frames per second and bracketing options like the 1d series.  current 5d mk 2 and 7d bracketing is pathetic.

sjaudio

« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
With all of the jumps that have been made by Canon, Nikon, and Sony since the last 5D was released, I'd expect something pretty spectacular.  Though we'll probably just see an incremental step forward.  If I had to put together my wish list (which is was the original point of this thread), I'd like to see the following.

Professional AF.  There's zero reason for a $3000 camera (does anyone really expect this to come out at a price less than that?) to have only a 9 point system.  Especially one with only one really usable AF point.

Better ISO.  I don't need night vision goggles here, but another step (and keep it clean!) would be handy.

Better DR.  Any improvement would be appreciated. 

gferdinandsen

• EOS M5
  • was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker
    • Home
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
An accelerometer like my iPhone.  It would be great to have a 3 axis level that would display on the LCD, no more fixing in photoshop those shots that are not level.
1v HS, 5D3, 60 Da, 40D (IR), G1-X, 17-40L, 24-70L (Mk II), 24-105L, 70-200L (2.8 Mk 1), 24 TS-E L (Mk 1), 45 TS-E, 50 1.2L, 100 L Macro -- CPS Gold Membership

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
An accelerometer like my iPhone.  It would be great to have a 3 axis level that would display on the LCD, no more fixing in photoshop those shots that are not level.

What is a 3 axis level? 

The 7D has a side to side level, and a front tilt up/ down, what is the third one? 

We will likely see a 2 axis level like the 7D in any new high end models.

renesisx

Re: I want it all
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »
;D  Dual card slots, one CF and one SD would be fine - would like the one SD so I can use my Eye-Fi card easier w/o an adapter).  I want there to be MULTIPLE options for what each card is set to do - ESPECIALLY to send .jpgs to SD card for my Eye-fi) and larger jpg+RAW or just RAW to the other

Amen! Definitely need an SD card slot, especially so I can use my Eye-Fi.

And SD-to-CF card adapters don't work very well with Eye-Fi as it requires a constant power source. Cameras tend to power off the CF card slot after writing the images - that doesn't give Eye-Fi time to broadcast them.

This means it doesn't currently work with the 5D Mk II :(

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • EOS 5DS R
Re: I want it all
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:38 AM »
;D  Dual card slots, one CF and one SD would be fine - would like the one SD so I can use my Eye-Fi card easier w/o an adapter).  I want there to be MULTIPLE options for what each card is set to do - ESPECIALLY to send .jpgs to SD card for my Eye-fi) and larger jpg+RAW or just RAW to the other

Amen! Definitely need an SD card slot, especially so I can use my Eye-Fi.

How well will the eye-fi do at downloading 50 mb raw files?

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »

What is a 3 axis level? 

The 7D has a side to side level, and a front tilt up/ down, what is the third one? 

The three axes are pitch, roll, and yaw (Google Maps' developer documentation was one of the only demonstrations that uses a camera instead of an airplane):

The 7D's dual-axis level shows roll and pitch.  The 60D's electronic level is more limited, and only shows roll.  As you can appreciate from the above graphic, yaw is not something you'd want to 'level' - it's actually part of your composition, so there's no point in showing level information for all three axes.

However, to be technically correct, the 7D does have a 3-axis level, even though only 2 axes are displayed at a time.  When you rotate the camera to portrait orientation, yaw becomes pitch (imagine rotating the camera above by 90°), but the electronic level still works - therefore, it must be a 3-axis level, able to detect yaw in landscape orientation, but not showing the data.  Conversely, the 60D only has a 1-axis level (roll is still roll when the camera is reoriented from landscape to portrait).
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

skarstein

« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »
As a videographer i want.

- AF while filming
- Better ISO levels without noise.
- More fps, atleast 1080P 60fps.
- Manual audio choices.
- Audio Monitoring
- FullHD HDMI out.
- No rolling shutter or Moire.

ReyMorlu

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
I would like to know if should be possible to take (like the white balance bracketing) an ISO bracketing in order to create 3 diferent RAW archives in a single shot... it might be a solution to HDR or higher dinamic scale without the need to take 3 pics in secuence whith possible blur or gosting the moving subjects.  ???

Another question... everybody likes the damn video amateur capabillity of the 5d2 but nobody ask for a start/stop video record remote control (lanc in videocameras) having the 5d2 only the rear "set" trigger not very comfortable and even a really annoying way of capturing video. The actual cable releases (TC/RC 80n3  & such) only shot the shutter, then still images but no video! There start being developed some USB devices but not Canon made...

The last lack in 5d2 is that you cannot see positioned in the same place, images in play mode and live view, then is no possible to make precise compositions and then check out to framing again in an easy way, even the 550d has a better screen in my opinion.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »

dr croubie

• Too many photos, too little time.
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2011, 03:01:05 AM »
Another question... everybody likes the damn video amateur capabillity of the 5d2 but nobody ask for a start/stop video record remote control (lanc in videocameras) having the 5d2 only the rear "set" trigger not very comfortable and even a really annoying way of capturing video. The actual cable releases (TC/RC 80n3  & such) only shot the shutter, then still images but no video! There start being developed some USB devices but not Canon made...

actually, i'm another person who's surprised that there isn't one.
set your camera up on a tripod, frame, focus, wait for the action, press the start button... ah damn, now the camera's shaking from pressing start...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

Flake

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
I want a camera that is capable of taking more than 2 bracketed shots & more than + or - 2 stops  Nikon can manage 9 stops & 7 images in a stack. Quite a difference.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »