AFAIK the 5d2 comes with an eye piece cover on the strap?
Re the 5d2 what I would love as someone who feeds their kids with their photography is
- more dynamic range even at the expense of higher iso's and resolution
- 16 bit
- same resolution
- wider af 'area'. Why bother having 'outer points' when they are so close to the center?
- less dusty - ff = dust magnet so any way it gets less dust is good.
- more Custom memories.
- less buttons on the back and a bigger, higher res touch screen in their place
- the DP button switchable to a MLU button, who the hell uses DP???
- in body IS, whilst it will be of limited help in many situations there are some primes it would help by a stop or two.
-more 'natural' noise like the 7d, the 5d2 has nasty blocky noise.
what I dont care about
-video. its good enough for home video, don't want it for any more than that. better codecs etc are fine, but dont compromise the stills ability.
- number of af points. 3-9 is enough as long as they work well like the centerpoint on the 5d2.
what I really dont want to see
- frickin novelty junk for the noobs like movable screens, lie down or stand on a chair or shoot blind, those screens are camera killers if you have to use your camera in any kind of weather.
- HDR pano sweep junk functions.
- a high speed fps. nikon make a general use camera, the d700, its pretty fast and has a decent resolution, canon make two specialized cameras, the 5d is a way better landscape cam and the 7d a better (but not by far) action cam. Lets keep it that way and not turn a 5d3 into a generalized camera.