May 01, 2016, 07:21:10 PM

Author Topic: Trouble with Canon Website Account and My Products  (Read 305 times)

Macoose

• Power Shot G7X
Trouble with Canon Website Account and My Products
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with their Canon Acct?

I logged in earlier to check my products and got an error message. Then I hit the email Canon button and went through that process and got another error message after I hit the submit button.
Even my profile is unavailable.

I'll probably call Monday, but it seems like since they started using the new website, I have been unable to access any of my info after logging in.

Just wondering,

Macoose

canon rumors FORUM

Trouble with Canon Website Account and My Products
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
Re: Trouble with Canon Website Account and My Products
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »
No, I just logged in on both my regular account and then my CPS account.

Macoose

• Power Shot G7X
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 10:39:34 PM »
Thanks for answering so quickly.

I'll call them Monday.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:05:32 PM »
I can log in without issue, for all the good it does.  In the old website, all my registered products were listed, including serial numbers.  After the refresh, View All My Products shows me just four lenses, one I had previously deleted after selling it, two lenses I never registered (bought used), and only one current lens.  The previously listed bodies, lenses (>10), flashes, etc., all disappeared.  Without the serial numbers being shown, there's really no point in adding products anyway.  Their website went from functional and useful to a complete waste of bandwidth. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

Macoose

• Power Shot G7X
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:56:43 PM »
I sent an email last night and got a reply this morning:

"Currently, the Canon Account system is only partially functional for some customers. This is due to some changes in the system when the Canon USA website was updated.  For this reason, you may find that you are unable to view your registered products on the Canon Account. It is recommended to add the products that you have previously registered to your Canon Account once again and re-register them. This way they can be saved
under the new Account system.

At least they have people monitoring the email on the weekends. I was expecting to hear back late Monday or Tuesday. I guess having to re-register just goes with all this new and improved website stuff.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:06:30 PM »
Yes, I got the same message months ago, right after the website revision.  Sorry, Canon – not worth my time.
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:06:30 PM »