August 29, 2016, 07:37:00 PM

Author Topic: Is there a way to delete multiple files at once on the 5d3?  (Read 285 times)

Mancubus

• Canon AE-1
Is there a way to delete multiple files at once on the 5d3?
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »
Occasionally I run into a problem with my files. I shoot a lot and sometimes one of my cards get full.

When this card has something I don't want to lose (like a video), I have to empty some space by deleting the oldest photos. But I couldn't find a way to do it without deleting one by one.

The mass delete option doesnt help much because I still have to scroll the wheel and push a button for every damn photo I want to delete.

I wish there was something like you can hold the set button while spinning the wheel and this would select all photos that I scrolled through.

Is there a practical way of deleting let's say the 200 oldest photos in my card without doing it one by one?

canon rumors FORUM

Is there a way to delete multiple files at once on the 5d3?
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
Re: Is there a way to delete multiple files at once on the 5d3?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »
AFAIK, short of using a computer, no.
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

Roo

• 5D Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 05:33:18 PM »
Occasionally I run into a problem with my files. I shoot a lot and sometimes one of my cards get full.

When this card has something I don't want to lose (like a video), I have to empty some space by deleting the oldest photos. But I couldn't find a way to do it without deleting one by one.

The mass delete option doesnt help much because I still have to scroll the wheel and push a button for every damn photo I want to delete.

I wish there was something like you can hold the set button while spinning the wheel and this would select all photos that I scrolled through.

Is there a practical way of deleting let's say the 200 oldest photos in my card without doing it one by one?

On the occasion I've realised I'd left some old images on a card, I've protected the new images and then deleted all but the protected images.  Works if you're not far into a shoot but it's not much different from individually deleting if you have a lot of shots you want to save.
5Diii, 60D,GoPro Hero 4, Canon 16-35 f4L, Canon 24-105 f4L, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is II, Canon 50 f1.8 STM, Samyang 14 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 vcd, Tamron 90 f2.8macro, Tamron 150-600

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 05:33:18 PM »