Gear Talk > Pricewatch Deals

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Price Drop

<< < (2/9) > >>

NormanBates:
same here: $3000 or I'll buy a 5D2 and wait for the next gen

RC:
Waiting for the announcement of the new FF, if it's not what I want, and the 5D3 is down to $3000, I'm biting.  I don't think we will see a $3000 5D3 price for a long time but I think there is a good chance we will see a Christmastime rebate around $3000--that will work for me. 

bestimage:
I hope Canon learned their lesson, you can not count on glory of the past, both 5D and 5D MK-II were continous break through but 5D III did not continue the expected tradition of big breakthrough, despite the fact it is a very good general purpose camera, in addition they raised price too high adding insult to injury. I believe the price drop is reflection of buyers power. we are hoping the new camera will at minimum keep or improve good features of 5D MK III and fill in the deficiencies, of better dynamic range, more pixels to meet the need to landscape and studio photographers, uncompressed HDMI output and may be 16 bit color depth, who knows.
Folks, please comment what would ytou like to see in new camera. Thank you,

HeWhoShoots:
Crap...I got mine barely over a week ago from BH...Am I basically effed? Is it worth trying to return and buy again or would they catch on to that?

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: HeWhoShoots on July 25, 2012, 11:02:30 AM ---Crap...I got mine barely over a week ago from BH...Am I basically effed? Is it worth trying to return and buy again or would they catch on to that?

--- End quote ---

Worth calling and asking for a price adjustment.  Since you're within the return period (or maybe not, they do specific a 200 shutter count max), you could go the return-rebuy route.  Most vendors understand that, and will just give you a one-time price adjustment (i.e. refund the difference between what you paid and the new, lower price).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version