October 01, 2014, 02:33:23 AM

Author Topic: 5D MKIII comparied to 5D MKII  (Read 2812 times)

bcpro

5D MKIII comparied to 5D MKII
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
Has anyone who is shooting natural light, wide open weddings with the 50 f1.2, 85 f1.2, with both the 5d MKII and 5D MKIII compared colors and WB from each with the same settings, and had good luck in matching?
We tried this with the 5D MKII and the 7D and forget it, because they are completely different with the same settings, in fact the 7D is so full of noise with any L lens set at wide open with an ISO above 400 it's almost non-usable. Any help before we buy would be great. Also has the noise issue with the 5D MKIII and the EF 200 f2.0 been fixed.
Thanks

canon rumors FORUM

5D MKIII comparied to 5D MKII
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 5D MKIII comparied to 5D MKII
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
the auto white balances are different, the presets are very close though if you want the shots too look exactly the same i suggest an xrite colour checker passport to control your colour balance between cameras
APS-H Fanboy

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
Once you set Lightroom or Photoshop for color adjustments on your different camera bodies, they should always match on import.  With lightroom 4, I have no issues with noise on 7D images at ISO 1600, and 3200 is ok. 
If you are using jpeg, its a different story.  Hopefully the new firmware for the 7d will update the jpeg processing and bring it up to date with advances in the past 3 years.

bcpro

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »
the auto white balances are different, the presets are very close though if you want the shots too look exactly the same i suggest an xrite colour checker passport to control your colour balance between cameras
Thanks for the insite, as we already have xrite for our monitor, I'm sure it will work with the camera control as well.

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:20:47 AM »
Thanks for the insite, as we already have xrite for our monitor, I'm sure it will work with the camera control as well.
yep you just need the xrite profile software that add the calibrated profile into lightroom i quite like the xrite stuff I got a color munki for the monitor and its nice and easy to use too the same xrite colour checker swatch that comes with the monitor calibration devices is in the passport but it also has a nice whitebalance swatch that you can use to add a consistant warmth or cool down all the shots too. it makes life sooo much easier when trying to get consisency across 3 or 4 bodies
APS-H Fanboy

haring

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 02:25:09 AM »
Based on samples, they seem to be similar. Very similar.

bcpro

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »
yep you just need the xrite profile software that add the calibrated profile into lightroom i quite like the xrite stuff I got a color munki for the monitor and its nice and easy to use too the same xrite colour checker swatch that comes with the monitor calibration devices is in the passport but it also has a nice whitebalance swatch that you can use to add a consistant warmth or cool down all the shots too. it makes life sooo much easier when trying to get consisency across 3 or 4 bodies
We have the the xrite i1 display pro, which one is correct for the canon bodies? Also while I'm here do you know if the issues with noise using the mkiii and ef 200mm f2.0 L have been resolved via a firmware, or some update?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
We have the the xrite i1 display pro, which one is correct for the canon bodies? Also while I'm here do you know if the issues with noise using the mkiii and ef 200mm f2.0 L have been resolved via a firmware, or some update?
Its a service fix on the lenses not the body apparently
APS-H Fanboy

bcpro

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »
Its a service fix on the lenses not the body apparently
Thanks you have been very helpful

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »