July 28, 2014, 01:25:24 PM

Author Topic: Portrait Lighting - Newbie  (Read 5417 times)

revup67

• 5D Mark III
  • Memories in the Making
    • View Profile
    • Revup67's Flickr Images
Re: Portrait Lighting - Newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »
Again loads of great info here - many thanks to all for opening my eyes in so many ways it was overwhelming and most enjoyable ...not to sound ambiguous but I've opted to go with the Elinchrom kit as my readings and conversations with various folks have caused my abandonment of  the Master + 2 Slave option.  I've been seeing time and time again it's best to have more light than less.  BandH also stated that these Elichrom lights are very accurate with respect to color temps whereas many others are not.  In taking all of the good info posted here I was able to talk with some intelligence with B and H and notched out what I believe to be a good quality mobile rig using AC power (DC later) So here's what BandH proposed.  The PDF attached here was their proposal though I think I can do better on the Background System this is the one I am considering on Ebay not sure if anyone has tried this rig.  Also within the quote you note umbrella, stand, hotshoe, etc this is for the 580 EX to run off a third Sky Port receiver also in the quote.  I'll probably add a Snoot to this ensemble as well - thanks again to all contributors for all your help, guidance and input
Thanks
Rev
Canon EOS 5D MK3 + EOS 7D » Canon50mm 1.4 » Canon 100mm IS USM L Macro » Canon 24-105 L USM IS » Canon 70-300 IS USM L» Canon MP-E65 » Canon 8-15mm Fisheye »Canon 16-35 Mkii USM L » Canon 200mm 2.8 L USM II » Canon 400mm 5.6 L » Canon 580EXII & MT 24EX Flash

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Portrait Lighting - Newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »