October 20, 2014, 01:18:54 AM

Author Topic: Canon 7D, 5D2 or wait for cheap FF body from Canon?  (Read 5123 times)

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 7D, 5D2 or wait for cheap FF body from Canon?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 03:39:54 AM »
..spending money on a 10-22mm when you've already got a 16-35mm f/2.8 seems pointless if you ever have aspirations of going full frame because the cost of that lens alone makes up a good portion of the difference between a high end crop and a full frame.

unless you opt to buy a used 10-22mm, which you can always sell next year for nearly the same you'll pay for it now. 
Great thing about good glass, if you can afford to buy it, it'll cost you almost nothing after you sell it if you keep it in nice shape.  Even revised new versions rarely depress the price much, if any at times.
Don't be too afraid to do a little "horse-trading."  I've done plenty, rarely cost me more than a few hours of my time over the years.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 03:39:54 AM »

TheMSCWins

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:29 AM »
Can I use the coupon code for the 7D refurb deal outside of the US? If so this is probably the way I will go. Whether I will get a 5D2 later for landscapes and such or a different lens idk but I am liking the 7D's features for non static shots.

For those of you trying to will me into selling my 16-35 (mark one I got second hand BTW) I don't think I will part with it as it is my walk around lens on crop.

kalmiya

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
I'm waiting to see if the entry level FF is announced at Photokina in September or somewhere else sooner.
Dropping a grand or two on a camera is nothing to rush, unless you're loaded.
If the new FF doesn't hit that sweet spot for me, then I'm opting for a 7D.
I figure if it takes 6 months to be released, my 550D will serve me just fine 'til then.
Exactly the same for me - my 550d will do perfectly, I have 3 L-lenses and am ready to jump to FF, if the price doesn't increase to much for the new FF model, compared to current 5D2 prices. And if the price is too high - I'll be either using my 550D the next few years, or take a look at Nikon.

canon816

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
Since you have decided to go with the 7D... Sigma makes a cheap 10-20mm wide angle for crop sensor cameras. 

It's not as sharp as an L lens by any means, but at f8 it will do a fine job for the type of shooting it sounds like you are interested in. 

I had one but sold it only because I wend to FF and it was not compatible.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »