November 23, 2014, 06:07:23 AM

Author Topic: New Tilt-Shifts in 2013? [CR1]  (Read 15166 times)

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: New Tilt-Shifts in 2013? [CR1]
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »
I have found with my kenko 1.4tc the iq is barely affected when stopped down a couple of stops
Since I guess shooting with tse lenses you would be aiming for a narrow aperture to achieve maximum depth of field that the tc would onky have a barely discernable impact on iq I don't have any tse lenses this is only based on use with normal lenses using tele converters
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »

sharka23

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »

in this case I need to say that the knowledge and arguments of PRIVATBYDESIGN were very appreciated and just based
on facts .
we all should welcome other opinions and attitude and ... learn - instead of getting offended !
but yes always remember it's not what you say, but how you say it.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
Indeed.  Knowledge appreciated...argument, not so much.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

NWPhil

• EOS M2
  • one eye; one shot - multiple misses
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
Suprised a moderator did not put a stop to what become borderline cyber-bullying. ::)

Now about the new tilt-shifts:
- any hints about pricing?
seems that they might fall in the $1500-$1800 range or so (accounting for tse24II)
It's a big plus having the new controls in version 2 and the 17mm. I have the 90mm, did the conversion, but still wish I could shift and tilt independently...
Also now that Samyang is about to release a new TS lens, how will Canon respond to that?
Not going to exchange my 90mm, but I might take a look at the new45mm, to use it instead  of the regular EF50mm
Tilt-shift zoom? is that possible?
Canon shooter, but anything goes as ammunition (L, non L, Zeiss, Leica, Rokinon,Sigma)

paul13walnut5

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »
I have a direct and forthright manner about me, and I'm also a fairly digital personality (things are black and white, I leave the 50 shades of grey to frustrated housewives)

I have been accused of trolling, an insult I would strongly refute, however I do believe very much in the marketplace of ideas and the discipline, technique, art, practice, enjoyment of photography being a broad church (or mosque or synagog or chapel for that matter)

I need to remind myself that even the best ideas (as mine usually are I'm sure you'll agree) put across in the wrong way (as mine also usually are I'm sure you'll agree) don't win an argument, or the more desirable outcome get folk thinking...  winning an argument doesn't always make you the winner.   Getting folk to think and test their own opinions (and perhaps even choosing to stand by them) makes the process the winner.

A joke can be lost when typed, without the benefit of intonation, a raised eye brow, a smirk.

I'm here to improve my photography, and if I feel my experience can help somebody else do the same then I'll share.  I'll get it wrong.  I'll get it right. 

But I've been off work this week and out with my camera in some rare scottish sun (in summer time as well - who would have thought) and I didn't think once about the alleged banding on my 7D, or the soft corners on my zoom at 200, proven by a photo of a lens chart, or even much about CR.

I enjoyed my photography.   I hope amongst the heated tempers and cross words that folks remember to do that.  I may get called a troll for this sign off, but in 100 years time when we are dust, or worm feed or whatever, and folk find our photograph of a since demolished building, of a long forogotton car, of a band who later broke big, of a way of life, do you think they will question the MTFs? the shadow banding? that it wasn't taken on a nikon D800?

Nah of course not.  We make images. I'm an amateur.  And proud to do it for the love of it.

epsiloneri

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:45 AM »
The TC does cost you a stop that the crop body doesn't.

This is a bit misleading. A TC spreads the light over a larger sensor area, but does not decrease it (significantly). Thus you don't lose light with a TC, merely light density. Another way to put it: Yes, you get one stop less, but that is precisely compensated by the FF sensor being one stop more sensitive (ISO 100 of the 1.6x crop ~ equals ISO 256 on the FF, for similar generation sensors).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:45 AM »