November 22, 2014, 11:53:19 PM

Author Topic: Latest DPP - HDR function issue with non-Canon lenses  (Read 714 times)

FlowerPhotog

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Latest DPP - HDR function issue with non-Canon lenses
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
I seem to be unable to get the HDR function available with the latest version of DPP (3.11.31) to work with RAW images taken with non-Canon lenses.  Taking a three shot HDR sequence with my 5D MkIII does generate an in-camera HDR jpg (regardless of lens) , but when I select the three bracketed RAW images within DPP to use it's HDR module, it doesn't seem to work with images shot with my Zeiss or Sigma lenses, but does with images from several different Canon lenses.   It starts to process the first image, ie progress bar pops up, but after a few seconds of "processing image 1/3"  the progress bar goes away and nothing happens.  I'm not 100% sure this is related to non-Canon lenses, but it did happen today when I had used two lenses during a morning shoot - one Canon  and one Zeiss - the Canon images  works, the Zeiss images don't.   Even though the DPP HDR function is fairly rudimentary,  I have been able to get quite a bit of improvement compared to the in-camera HDR results, but have been frustrated several times with this behavior.   Has anyone else used the HDR function within DPP and had this issue?

canon rumors FORUM

Latest DPP - HDR function issue with non-Canon lenses
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »