Rumors > PowerShot Cameras

Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Camera

(1/6) > >>

electricpanic:
I have got discount "Free Extra Battery with Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Camera Plus Free Shipping"
Don't know if it's a good deal or not.

Don't know if it will work for anyone else.

Here is the links of website if someone wants to visit:

http://www.ezcouponsearch.com/Best-Buy-Coupons_cm_3065.aspx

Help me in finding the best deal for Canon Camera. Thanks in advance for helping.

Gman:
Does this make us think that some suppliers have got G12s they want to sell off before a new version is announced or is this a faintly disguised commercial for ez coupons?

ashmadux:
Doesnt even matter. the free battery is a non issue, i have a 12 dollar replacement battery that works great.  Also picked up a small vidpro hard-ish case with it (all from jr music world)

what a great little camera. shooting with it is more reliable than my crap AF 7d. i literally carry it every day. GREAT purchase!!!!!!

Gman:
5th of September.

Tomorrow will be the 6th of September and Photokina will be 11 days away, so who in their right mind would buy a G12 today regardless of price if a new model might be announced any day?  :-\

Especially when there are now stiff competitors to the G12, in the first instance the Nikon P7700 which is almost a clone of the G12 but with better sensor and much better lens. Or the Sony RX100 which although it has a larger sensor (and price tag) has a poorer zoom but nevertheless gets rave reviews (apparently). What about the Panasonic Lumix LX7 which has a great Zeiss lens but even though it has a new sensor has gone the opposite way of many others as it seems slightly smaller, can they really get better IQ out of a smaller sensor with less pixels?

Mt Spokane Photography:
It is certainly worth waiting to see what is announced in the next week.  I don't expect more than the usual minor upgrades that will raise the price by 20%, so buying a G12 on sale is not a bad idea.  If smething earthshaking comes out, I'd consider replacing my G11, but I'm pretty skeptical.  The P7700 only goes to ISO 1600, and I use my G11 at ISO 3200 with usable results, so I'm wondering why it is claimed as a better sensor.
I hope Nikon's new P7700 is a good camera, Nikon has not produced any spectaular point and shoot cameras since about 2000 when I bought my CP990.  I still have it, and it still performs.  Its the lens that makes a difference, it was made in Japan by Nikon, not in China.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version