July 31, 2014, 01:52:42 PM

Author Topic: 1DX err70  (Read 8376 times)

devank

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • devankpatel.com
Re: 1DX err70
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »
Oh wow really ? That doesn't make sense, it looks like a firmware issue... >_< weird.

I don't know what they are doing with mine, I'll give em a call today, but they had said I can most likely expect it back by Monday, 10th.

Definitely looks like a firmware bug, that is why I was waiting for their first firmware before I send it in [...]

Any word on yours yet?

I spoke with the repair folks yesterday and, for some unknown reason, they are replacing the main board on mine.  I'm definitely not pleased, especially if it doesn't actually fix anything.

Just curious if yours was really a firmware issue or not.

Cheers!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Erik S. Klein

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Oh wow really ? That doesn't make sense, it looks like a firmware issue... >_< weird.

I don't know what they are doing with mine, I'll give em a call today, but they had said I can most likely expect it back by Monday, 10th.

Please let me (us) know what you find out.  I just got off the phone with them and they are waiting on the part (main PC board) for the repair which, they insist, will fix the problem and which should be done by Tuesday.  I'm skeptical, but will try to keep an open mind.  :)

devank

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • devankpatel.com
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
So just talked to them...all they told me was, they are waiting for parts....I'm like can you tell me a little more on whats going on and she did not have any more info for me ^_^. Its beyond me why they'd replace hardware but as long as that fixes it and doesn't introduce any new problems, I'm ok with it.

Please let me (us) know what you find out.  I just got off the phone with them and they are waiting on the part (main PC board) for the repair which, they insist, will fix the problem and which should be done by Tuesday.  I'm skeptical, but will try to keep an open mind.  :)

brotographer

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
Same issue for me - was utilizing AEB, last (longest exposure) caused lockup "err70".  Camera logs (Wrench::System Status Display::INFO) say my err70 = "An error prevented shooting".  Pic of my log attached.

Erik S. Klein

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 12:46:05 AM »
So just talked to them...all they told me was, they are waiting for parts....I'm like can you tell me a little more on whats going on and she did not have any more info for me ^_^. Its beyond me why they'd replace hardware but as long as that fixes it and doesn't introduce any new problems, I'm ok with it.

If it does fix it then I'm okay although I'd love to hear it explained.

If it doesn't I'm shall be very put out... ;)

Erik S. Klein

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 12:47:10 AM »
Same issue for me - was utilizing AEB, last (longest exposure) caused lockup "err70".  Camera logs (Wrench::System Status Display::INFO) say my err70 = "An error prevented shooting".  Pic of my log attached.

That looks mighty familiar.  Right down to the RRS bracket. :D

billycurrie

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »
Same issue for me, Err70 whilst bracketing images on the 1Dx. 
I might wait until I see if your repairs fix the issue before I contact Canon as I don't want a main board replacement for no reason. 
Can you keep up posted if your issue is fixed or not?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »

Erik S. Klein

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
I might wait until I see if your repairs fix the issue before I contact Canon as I don't want a main board replacement for no reason. 

I just got off the phone with Canon Repair in Irvine.  They got notice on Friday that there is, indeed, a firmware issue causing this.  Something to do with the timer and long exposures.  ( ;) :P) The next firmware update (no ETA) should fix it.  No hardware needs to be touched to fix it.

They are shipping my camera back today.  Fortunately they didn't open her up since the parts weren't on hand anyway...

Since it's an easy workaround I'm good with that.

devank

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • devankpatel.com
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
Haha surprise surprise :)

I just got off the phone with them and they said the same, I'm getting it back tomorrow as well, yay!

So, if anyone else has this problem please do not send the camera in!

Thanks everyone for updating this thread!

I just got off the phone with Canon Repair in Irvine.  They got notice on Friday that there is, indeed, a firmware issue causing this.  Something to do with the timer and long exposures.  ( ;) :P) The next firmware update (no ETA) should fix it.  No hardware needs to be touched to fix it.

They are shipping my camera back today.  Fortunately they didn't open her up since the parts weren't on hand anyway...

Since it's an easy workaround I'm good with that.

billycurrie

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »
Fantastic news, I can certainly live with the issue until the next firmware release, thanks for letting us know.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »