August 20, 2014, 04:55:31 AM

Author Topic: The College of Engineering, Pune, India  (Read 1755 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
The College of Engineering, Pune, India
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
We have an Engineering College in our city that was started in July 1854 and was then named The Poona Engineering Class and Mechanical School. Today my company was there to hire Engineers who would pass out in the next year. The college has a beautiful old building that has just been restored and I was carrying my 5D3 (surprise, surprise!) so I took a number of photographs that I would like to post. I hope you like them. Many are hand shot at 1/15th and so may be a bit blurry. I have re-sized them to 25% and have done no other edit. Comments are very welcome.

Theodore Cooke the 5th. Principal

List of Principals - 1

List of Principals - 2

The centenary plaque

The main hall - 1

The main hall - 2

Stained Glass Window

Arches - 1

Arches - 2

canon rumors FORUM

The College of Engineering, Pune, India
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »

atomicpunk

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: The College of Engineering, Pune, India
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
Looks like an interesting place.  How large is the graduating class? What degrees?

RAKAMRAK

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »
The first four images are basically I-was-there memory snaps, so as photographs there is nothing to comment on them. (at least I have nothing to say)

The architectural shots are quite nice. But a wider angle than 28mm would probably suit the main hall picutres better. That way you could capture some of the floor and furniture there (if any) and give the photos some grounding.

The stained glass window photo needs sever cropping. Otherwise, a bit more exposure to show the wall and surrounding areas was required. As it stands now the dark areas are too much.

The last two photographs needs to be leveled. The tabe on the left in the last photo is quite distracting. cropping the picture from left and right could eliminate that.
Need to learn a lot more.
My Flickr Page

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »
The first four images are basically I-was-there memory snaps, so as photographs there is nothing to comment on them. (at least I have nothing to say)

The architectural shots are quite nice. But a wider angle than 28mm would probably suit the main hall picutres better. That way you could capture some of the floor and furniture there (if any) and give the photos some grounding.

The stained glass window photo needs sever cropping. Otherwise, a bit more exposure to show the wall and surrounding areas was required. As it stands now the dark areas are too much.

The last two photographs needs to be leveled. The tabe on the left in the last photo is quite distracting. cropping the picture from left and right could eliminate that.
Thanks. I plan to go there again and this time explicitly to photograph. Will take the tripod and monopod too.

RAKAMRAK

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:09:32 PM »
In case you can manage to get an ultra wide angle lens then a recapture (since you plan to go again) of the "Arches 1" photo with the entire arch (the one which is almost on top of you and whose sides are just visible) in view (along with whatever you have now in the image) might be an interesting composition. And yes Tripod (if allowed) will be very helpful. Thanks for sharing.
Need to learn a lot more.
My Flickr Page

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »
In case you can manage to get an ultra wide angle lens then a recapture (since you plan to go again) of the "Arches 1" photo with the entire arch (the one which is almost on top of you and whose sides are just visible) in view (along with whatever you have now in the image) might be an interesting composition. And yes Tripod (if allowed) will be very helpful. Thanks for sharing.
I don't have access to an ultra wide. My intension was to do a series of shots and then stitch them using Autostitch (or the Canon stitch utility). For that I need the tripod for sure. Hand shooting at such close quarters and then stitching will not work.

I will post again. May be a few weeks from now, but I intend to do it. Would appreciate a critique then too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »