Gear Talk > Technical Support

Microsoft RAW Codec that supports 5D III and 64 Bit Available

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: revup67 on October 12, 2012, 01:45:54 PM ---This is invaluable - thanks Mt. Spokane (hope your hands are doing better)

--- End quote ---
I'm doing fine.  I'm having both hands done for carpal tunnel.  I have been unable to hold my heavy photo equipment, and the pain has been growing worse.
It will take a few months before the damaged nerves completely heal, but only about three weeks before I can reasonably hold 10 lbs in one hand.
There are a lot of nerves in your hand, and they all pass thru that tunnel.  I don't know how I came to get the issue in both hands, probably typing for hours on CR ;)

bigmag13:
what exactly is this for?
i do own a 5D3 and a Mac. what is the benny or what is this codec for?
please explain.

rpt:
My windows 7 64 bit OS came with this either preloaded or got installed in an update. I did not have to install unlike the XP.

florianbieler.de:
Possible that they integrated it into an update. On my Windows 8, I got it via update.

sanj:

--- Quote from: bigmag13 on October 18, 2012, 06:34:08 PM ---what exactly is this for?
i do own a 5D3 and a Mac. what is the benny or what is this codec for?
please explain.

--- End quote ---

The Microsoft Camera Codec Pack enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats in Window Live Photo Gallery as well as other software that is based in Windows Imaging Codecs (WIC).
Installing this package will allow supported RAW camera files to be viewable in Windows Explorer.
This package is available in both 32-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_x86.msi) and 64-bit (MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64.msi) versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version