October 23, 2014, 01:13:38 AM

Author Topic: 1D X EC and ISO button function swapped  (Read 1094 times)

wycmfdm

1D X EC and ISO button function swapped
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
I have just noticed that on my 1D X, the functions of the ISO and EC buttons have swapped place. When "ISO" button is pressed you get to adjust not ISO, but exposure compensation. If you press "EC" button, you get to the screen where you can adjust ISO.
Anybody esle notice this?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:40:59 AM by wycmfdm »

canon rumors FORUM

1D X EC and ISO button function swapped
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: 1D X EC and ISO button function swapped
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »
When I press the ISO button, the ISO screen comes up.  I don't think I've ever pressed the EC/Aperture button, since just directly spinning the QCD applies EC.

But I didn't change that setting in the custom controls menu, and I'm guessing you did.   :P 

Access your custom controls menu (C.Fn5), and I bet you'll see that the QCD (one up from the bottom in the right column) is set to this (taken from p.341 of the manual):
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »
I haven't done this yet, but on the 1D4 you can set Av mode and minimum shutter speed, to let's say 1/500s.  You then turn ISO safety shift to ON, set your aperture, and put in Auto ISO.  You can also set EC, so that whatever value is chosen by the camera for ISO, corresponds to your EC value.  This is really usefull for indoor sports and I haven't tried it on the 1DX but I imagine it can do this as well.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

briansquibb

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
I haven't done this yet, but on the 1D4 you can set Av mode and minimum shutter speed, to let's say 1/500s.  You then turn ISO safety shift to ON, set your aperture, and put in Auto ISO.  You can also set EC, so that whatever value is chosen by the camera for ISO, corresponds to your EC value.  This is really usefull for indoor sports and I haven't tried it on the 1DX but I imagine it can do this as well.

My 1DX comes next Wednesday - that will be the first thing i set, apart from RAW and expansion point AF

wycmfdm

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
When I press the ISO button, the ISO screen comes up.  I don't think I've ever pressed the EC/Aperture button, since just directly spinning the QCD applies EC.

But I didn't change that setting in the custom controls menu, and I'm guessing you did.   :P 

Access your custom controls menu (C.Fn5), and I bet you'll see that the QCD (one up from the bottom in the right column) is set to this (taken from p.341 of the manual):

Presely what happened! I guess this is a good example of "you need to read the whole story (or manual)". I only read the ISO part and made the change ???.

Thanks.

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »

My 1DX comes next Wednesday - that will be the first thing i set, apart from RAW and expansion point AF

Mine too, getting to the store I'm buying it from on Friday.

I just bought a house twice the size of my old one, I bought new Samsung 55" tv and now the 9300 dollar 1d X, and I don't have a job, please give me applause for my dedication to gadgets! LOOOOOL  ;D
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »